Christ Church is home to a really welcoming and vibrant community of students and staff living in one of the most beautiful colleges in Oxford. Students at Christ Church can live in college accommodation throughout their degree and are lucky enough to eat subsidised meals in the famous (Harry Potter) dining hall. Most students live on the main site, just a stone’s throw away from Christ Church Meadow, perfect for a walk or picnic with friends (and maybe Layla, the College dog).
Christ Church offers fantastic welfare support for students, with trained student Peer Supporters and a College Counsellor. As well as the Junior Common Room (JCR) which has its own café, we have a TV room and college bar (the Undercroft or ‘Undie’). There is a vibrant music scene at Christ Church and the JCR organise Arts Week once a year. For those interested in sport, Christ Church students have free access to the University gym and swimming pool and there are loads of college teams which are keen to recruit those of all abilities.
Read more on the college website.
Christ Church is...
…a big college, so you keep meeting new people well into 2nd and maybe even 3rd year.
…having supportive tutors who challenged me when I understood the material, but also helped me when things didn’t make sense.
…a sense of community. There’s enough of us for there to be variety and a lot of people to meet, but at the same time I really feel at home here.
…meeting such a diverse range of people that any worries about stereotypes are soon dispelled.
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
|All first years on site|
|Usually offered for all years|
|Usually offered for three years||N/A|
|Usually offered for first year and one other year||N/A|
|Some vacation storage for international students|
|Gym on site|
|Library open 24/7|
|Wi-Fi throughout college|
|Multi-faith prayer room|
|Clubs & societies activities|
|College student magazine/paper|
|Some subject societies|
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Classics and Oriental Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Philosophy
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- Fine Art
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- History of Art
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Oriental Studies
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Philosophy and Theology
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics
- Religion and Oriental Studies
- Theology and Religion
Link Local Authorities
Newcastle upon Tyne
Redcar and Cleveland
Stockton on Tees
Access and Outreach at Christ Church
Admissions & Access Manager: Ana Hastoy (main contact for Barnet)
Access & Schools Liaison Officer: Matthew Adrian (main contact for the North East)
For schools in the North East: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Aldates, Oxford OX1 1DP