About the college
Christ Church is home to a really welcoming and vibrant community of students and staff living in one of the most beautiful colleges in Oxford.
Students at Christ Church can live in college accommodation throughout their degree and are lucky enough to eat subsidised meals in the famous (Harry Potter) dining hall. Most students live on the main site, just a stone’s throw away from Christ Church Meadow, perfect for a walk or picnic with friends (and maybe Layla, our Welfare Coordinator's dog).
Christ Church offers fantastic welfare support for students, with trained student Peer Supporters and a College Counsellor. As well as the Junior Common Room (JCR), we have a TV room and college bar (the Undercroft or ‘Undie’).
There is a vibrant music scene at Christ Church and the JCR organise Arts Week once a year. For those interested in sport, Christ Church students have free access to the University gym and swimming pool and there are loads of college teams which are keen to recruit those of all abilities.
Read more on the college website.
Christ Church is...
'…a sense of community. There's enough of us for there to be variety and a lot of people to meet, but at the same time I really feel at home here.'
'…having supportive tutors who challenged me when I understood the material, but also helped me when things didn’t make sense.'
'…a big college, so you keep meeting new people well into the 2nd and maybe even 3rd year.'
'…meeting such a diverse range of people that any worries about stereotypes are soon dispelled.'
Visit our College Facilities Table to compare facilities across different colleges.
|All first years on site||Yes|
|Usually offered for all years||Yes|
|Usually offered for three years||Not applicable|
|Usually offered for first year and one other year||Not applicable|
|Some vacation storage for international students||Yes|
|Gym on site||No|
|Library open 24/7||No|
|Wi-Fi throughout college||Yes|
|Multi-faith prayer room||No|
Clubs & societies activities
Club / society
|College student magazine/paper||No|
|Some subject societies||Yes|
- Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics and Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Philosophy
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- Fine Art
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- History of Art
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Philosophy and Theology
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics
- Religion and Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- Theology and Religion
Link Local Authorities
Newcastle upon Tyne
Redcar and Cleveland
Stockton on Tees
Access and Outreach at Christ Church
Admissions & Access Manager: Ana Hastoy (main contact for Barnet)
Access & Schools Liaison Officer: Joel Butler (main contact for the North East)
For schools in the North East: email@example.com
Undergraduate Admissions at Christ Church
Admissions Officer: Alison Porter
+44 (0) 1865 276196
St. Aldates, Oxford OX1 1DP