Professor Irene Tracey, CBE, FRS, FMedSci, became Vice-Chancellor of the University of Oxford on 1 January 2023. She was previously Warden of Merton College, Oxford, her alma mater. She is also Professor of Anaesthetic Neuroscience in the Nuffield Department of Clinical Neurosciences.
Meeting the Vice-Chancellor
The Vice-Chancellor, Professor Irene Tracey, holds a series of formal and informal events to enable her to meet with a range of student members from across the University. These include breakfasts at colleges, walks in University Parks with her dog Geoffrey Biscuit, and meetings with key student representative groups, all throughout the academic year.
News and communications
- 26 November: Christmas message from the Vice-Chancellor - video message
- 9 November: Undergraduate invitation to the Vice-Chancellor's Colloquium - Climate
- 25 October: An update on the Israel–Gaza situation - video message
- 12 October: Start of Michaelmas term 2023 - video message
- 11 June: End of 2022-23 academic year - video message
- 16 April: Start of Trinity term 2023 - video message
- 9 March: A message about the National Student Survey
- 5 January: A message as new Vice-Chancellor - video message