Before you arrive

Find out if you need to apply for a visa

You will not need a student visa or immigration permission to study in the UK, if the following applies:

Otherwise, you will need a Student visa to attend a full-time course. For short courses, part-time courses or distance learning you will need a visitor visa/permission. If you hold another visa type that allows you to study, for example a dependant visa, or ancestry visa you may be allowed to study with this permission and will not need to switch to a Student visa.

See our section for visas for your family members to check if they would be able to accompany you.

For information about the invasion of Ukraine and visa and immigration matters see the University webpage.

Was this page useful?*