Master's graduands outside the Sheldonian Theatre on Degree Day, Oxford, UK. Graduands waiting to process into the Sheldonian after changing into graduate gowns mid-ceremony, Degree Ceremony 2013.
Copyright © Rob Judges Photography. This image comes from Oxford University Images - All rights reserved.

Academic transcripts

A transcript is an official summary of your academic performance and progress to date. It will only include final marks confirmed by the appropriate Examination Board. A transcript may be required by prospective employers or educational institutions to which you are applying.

Important information - please read before contacting the Documents team

We are updating our records over the course of 26 and 27 November 2022. The eDocuments service was undergoing maintenance from 17:00 GMT Friday 25 November until 08:00 GMT Monday 28 November 2022.  Access may be intermittently affected during the following week. Once this maintenance is fully completed, after 5 December 2022 most on-course and final transcripts will be available through the new service. If you require an on-course transcript and have an urgent deadline please email with full details; if your deadline is after 10 December 2022 please refrain from emailing before 3 December 2022. You can continue to order in hard copy (see below). 

We are unable to produce transcripts for the following students:

Students who commenced their studies prior to Michaelmas term 2007Contact your college or PPH.
Postgraduate Research students (eg DPhil)If you have completed your degree, you may order a degree confirmation letter. If you are yet to complete your research degree, contact your college, PPH or department for proof of study.
Clinical Medicine / Graduate-entry Medicine (BMBCh)

Contact the Medical Sciences Office.

Transcripts for Pre-clinical Medicine / BA Medical Sciences are available through the University online shop.

Software Engineering studentsContact the Department of Computer Science.

Certificate in Theological and Pastoral Studies (CTPS)

Diploma in Theological and Pastoral Studies (DTPS)
Contact your college or PPH.
Erasmus or visiting studentsContact your college, PPH or department.
Students who started a course with the Department for Continuing Education before Michaelmas Term 2019

Contact the Department for Continuing Education.  

Exceptions - Students who started the following courses after 2007 are eligible for electronic transcripts:

Bachelor of Theology
Undergraduate Certificate in Theological Studies
Undergraduate Diploma in Theological Studies
MSt in International Human Rights Law
Postgraduate Diploma in Sleep Medicine
MSc in Sleep Medicine

CertHE students 

Contact the Department for Continuing Education

Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)

Transcripts for PGCE graduates who started in 2008 and earlier please place an order through the Department of Education using the online store.

Transcripts for PGCE graduates who started in 2009 and later please place an order through Degree Conferrals using the online store.  

Note to third parties

Third parties who wish to validate transcripts received from the University of Oxford should note that transcript letters may be issued by colleges as an alternative to standard transcripts in some circumstances: these should be accepted as valid documents equivalent to the standard transcript. Colleges hold authority to issue these documents when the Degree Conferrals Team are unable to do so. Please refer to the table above for examples of situations when standard transcripts cannot be issued.

Ordering copies of final transcripts

You can order additional copies of your final transcript at a cost of £12 each through the University online shop. Transcripts ordered for delivery to the UK will be sent by Royal Mail first class post; orders for overseas locations will be sent by a tracked and signed for courier service at a cost of £15 for European addresses and £20 for the rest of the world. If you are expecting examination results, please wait until you receive your results in Student Self Service before requesting extra copies of a final transcript. Requests placed before your results are released may not include your final results.

Applications for transcripts must be made by you. Requests for copies of the transcript by a third party will not be actioned.

If you are required to provide a form (e.g. WES) after placing an order, send your form to quoting your order number. 

Ordering copies of on-course transcripts

If you haven't yet completed your course, you can request copies of your on-course transcript. This will show your academic achievement to date but will not include a final classification. An on-course transcript will reflect the information you see in Student Self Service and is only available once you are entered for an assessment. If your assessments have not yet appeared in Student Self Service and you are still studying at the University, the enrolment certificate available through Student Self Service will act as a certification of attendance.

On-course transcripts can be ordered at a cost of £12 each online at the University online shop. Transcripts ordered for delivery to the UK will be sent by Royal Mail first class post; orders for overseas locations will be sent by a tracked and signed for courier service at a cost of £15 for European addresses and £20 for rest of world.

Diploma supplement

If you are applying for a course in a European university, most institutions will ask you to supply an academic transcript. However, some institutions may ask you to provide a diploma supplement. This document consists of the academic transcript, a statement quantifying your course in terms of European Credit Transfer Scheme (ECTS) credits, plus additional information describing the higher education system. It cannot be provided if you have not yet completed your course. 

There are two credit systems: that used by UK universities, and the ECTS, used by a number of other European countries. We take each year of full-time study to equal 120 UK credits (undergraduate) and 180 UK credits (postgraduate) according to the Higher Education Credit Framework for England. In ECTS, this is equivalent to 60 credits for undergraduate study and 90 credits for postgraduate study. The University’s courses are not taught on a modular basis so we do not apply credit weightings to the individual components of your course.

Diploma supplements can now be obtained through your eDocuments account if you are eligible. The letter should be accompanied by the final transcript. If you are not eligible we cannot provide either document. 

If you have completed a part-time course and have queries regarding Credit Accumulation and Transfer Scheme (CATS) credits, please contact the course team at the Department for Continuing Education.

Was this page useful?*