New College is one of the most architecturally striking colleges, with beautiful gardens and a variety of excellent facilities. We are very proud of our wonderful, diverse student body and encourage a friendly, open atmosphere throughout the college in which everyone can flourish both socially and academically.
While learning and scholarship are our primary focus, the College has an exceptionally rich cultural, sporting and musical life, headlined by the world-famous New College Choir and our award-winning music practice building just two minutes from the main College site – the Clore Music Studios.
New College also has fantastic sports facilities, with our sports ground just a few minutes’ walk away. Students can join one of our many teams, or just head down to the sports ground to play more casually.
Our students run a wide range of societies, from music and drama to LGBTQ+ and BAME activities – all passions and backgrounds are celebrated in the New College family!
Read more on the college website.
New College is…
…more than its Hogwarts-like beauty. It looks like a castle but it’s definitely a home; there’s a really strong sense of community.
…driven but caring members of one very unique family, with a variety of talents and interests.
…a particularly musical college… the best decision I have made.
…lovely people and fantastic student support outside of the classroom.
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
|All first years on site|
|Usually offered for first year and one other year|
|Usually offered for three years|
|Usually offered for all years|
|Some vacation storage for international students|
|Gym on site|
|Library open 24/7|
|Wi-Fi throughout college|
|Multi-faith prayer room|
|Clubs & societies activities|
|College student magazine/paper|
|Some subject societies|
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Classics and Oriental Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Philosophy
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- Fine Art
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Economics
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics
Local Link Authorities
Rhondda, Cynon, Taff
Vale of Glamorgan