The following resources may be helpful when thinking about any challenges that you may be facing and what you can do to address these.
The resources listed within this section are not intended to be used as a reading list and are by no means definitive. Some resources may be more helpful than others as different resources suit different individuals. Sections are orgainsed by theme or presenting issue and then ordered into books, other links, documents or phone applications.
The University is not responsible for the content displayed on external links.
- Can't work
- Mature students
- Advice for freshers
- International students
- Can't stop work?
- Mindful breathing space
- Helping yourself to sleep
- Daydreaming about ‘rustication’?
- The price of success
- The relentless drive for perfection: a student context
- The pressure to be perfect: ways of responding
- Self-compassion, parts 1 and 2
- Exam preparation and revision, parts 1, 2 and 3
Self and identity
- Building social confidence
- Improving self-esteem
- Living with a disability
- Sexuality and sexual identity
- Gender and transgender
- Addictive behaviours
- Anxiety and panic attacks
- Bi-polar disorder (manic depression)
- Eating distress
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
- Suicidal feelings