The University welcomes applications from academics who are employed at a university overseas for visits of between one month and one year. If you would like to visit Oxford for less than a month, you also have the option of visiting Oxford’s libraries and attending research seminars as an independent researcher.

We accept two types of visiting researchers:

  • Visiting scholars (those who are research-active academic staff at other institutions)
  • Doctoral researchers visiting Oxford (who are registered as doctoral students at another institution)

Graduate students who are interested in spending time studying under the supervision of an Oxford academic can apply for Recognised Student status.

The Oxford University Welcome Service provides practical information on coming to Oxford from abroad.