Professor Susan Wollenberg
Professor of Music; Fellow of Lady Margaret Hall
Professor Wollenberg studies 18th- and early 19th-century music, keyboard music 1500–1830, performance practice, the social history of English music, and female composers.
Her own compositions include the song cycle The Survivor, which was premiered at St John’s, Smith Square in 2005, with Kathryn Whitney (mezzo-soprano). Her song-cycle Alles auf der Welt ist Wandel was premiered in Oxford in 2006 (Part 1) and 2007 (Part 2), with Kathryn Whitney; and her set of variations for piano solo entitled für Fanny Hensel was first performed complete in 2008.
- 18th and early 19th century Austro-German music
- Keyboard music
- Social history of English music
- Female composers
- Schubert’s Fingerprints: Studies in the Instrumental Works (2011)
- The Piano in Nineteenth-Century British Culture (2007)
- Concert Life in Eighteenth-Century Britain (2004)
- Music at Oxford in the Eighteenth and Nineteenth Centuries (2001)