Palgrave Brown UK Scholarship
The Palgrave Brown UK Scholarship has been established by the Palgrave Brown Bursary Fund to provide funding for undergraduates from Norfolk or Suffolk who are in need of financial assistance.
Am I eligible?
|Residency:||Students must be ordinarily resident in and/or educated in the UK counties of Norfolk or Suffolk.|
|Level of study:||Undergraduate|
|Year of study:||New students|
|Subject:||All subjects in the course listing|
|Other criteria:||Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of financial need, and academic merit will also be taken into consideration.|
What does it cover?
|Duration:||3 or 4 years depending on course length.|
|Value:||An annual grant of at least £6,000 towards living costs. Students undertaking a six-year medical degree would only receive funding for the first four years of the course.|
|Number:||One award will be available.|
How do I apply?
- Applications for 2023 entry are now closed. Details on how to apply for 2024 entry will be made available on this page in January 2024.
- For 2023 entry applicants who applied by the 8 February 2023 scholarship deadline, the selection process will be undertaken in April 2023.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in April 2023.
- Scholars will be expected to write an annual report about their academic and social activities, and achievements at the University.
- Receipt of the award in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Applicants should be aware that competition for the scheme is very high and the University does not have additional funding for those candidates who are not offered a scholarship.
- If you hold an offer for deferred entry for an undergraduate course at Oxford, and you’d like to apply for a scholarship, please apply for the scholarship in January of the year you will start your Oxford course (eg in January 2023 if you hold an offer to start in October 2023). We can only consider applications for undergraduate scholarships once.
- If you are applying for Oxford’s Astrophoria Foundation Year Programme and you’d like to apply for this scholarship to support your undergraduate degree course (after the completion of your Foundation Year), please apply for the scholarship in January of the year you will start your undergraduate degree course (eg in January 2024 if you intend to progress in October 2024). We will contact all students when enrolled on their Foundation Year to confirm for which scholarships they can apply for their undergraduate course. We can only consider applications for undergraduate scholarships once.