Outgoing study exchange
Students on Wadham quad celebrating finishing their exams, Jesus College, Oxford, UK.
Copyright © Rob Judges Photography. This image comes from Oxford University Images. All rights reserved.

Incoming Students

It is possible to come to the University of Oxford as part of an organised study exchange with one of the University’s partner institutions, or to undertake work or training through an arranged traineeship.

Incoming study exchange students

In order to undertake a study exchange period at the University of Oxford (including through Erasmus), there must be a current Institutional Agreement in place between the departments of partner institutions. Contact your home institution to discover if an agreement with the University exists.

Students who will be studying under exchange arrangements with an Oxford College should contact the College directly.

Incoming traineeship students

Under the new Erasmus programme (2021-2027), participating universities may be able to provide Erasmus funding to their students to come to Oxford (whilst Oxford can no longer provide Erasmus grants to students from Oxford going abroad).

If your home university has an Erasmus Charter and can provide Erasmus grants for the UK, then you may be eligible to undertake work or training through an Erasmus traineeship at the University of Oxford.

Erasmus traineeships must be organised through the department you wish to work for, and they will sign all paperwork and be responsible for you throughout your stay. It is important to note that traineeship students will not have a college place and would not be registered as a student at the University. Please contact the relevant department directly to see if they are interested and to discuss what the traineeship might involve.

Was this page useful?*