Erasmus+ is the European Union’s (EU) funding programme for education and training, youth and sport. The University of Oxford has an Erasmus charter (2014-2020) in place to participate in the Erasmus+ programme.
The Erasmus programme
The Erasmus+ Programme supports student and staff mobility for study and work, and promotes trans-national co-operation projects among universities across Europe. The scheme involves nine out of every ten European higher education establishments and supports co-operation between the universities of 34 countries.
In 2020, the UK opted not to participate in the new Erasmus+ Scheme (2021-2027). If you are currently undertaking activity in the EU supported by the Erasmus+ scheme, your funding arrangements will continue as planned until May 2023 as these still form part of the active 2020 project.
The Turing scheme from 2021/22 onwards
The UK government's Turing scheme website contains details of the UK's successor programme. The scheme supports student mobility for study and work, and promotes global activities in order for students to gain experience of other cultures and develop their skills. The University has secured Turing Scheme funding for a second year running towards living costs for specific student opportunities spanning a range of departments in 2022/23, with enhanced funding available for students from disadvantaged backgrounds. Further details about the Turing Scheme at Oxford are available here.
Further information on Erasmus+ study and work abroad activity:
- Outgoing students: Information for Oxford students on Erasmus study exchanges and traineeships.
- Incoming students: Details for students from other universities on coming to Oxford.
- Staff teaching: Advice for academic staff on the Erasmus teaching opportunities available. Please note that there are no opportunities to support staff mobility through Erasmus after December 2022.
- Staff training: Advice for administrative staff on the Erasmus training opportunities available. Please note that there are no opportunities to support staff mobility through Erasmus after December 2022.
- Information for departments: Guidance on the Erasmus programme and departmental involvement.