Harris Manchester is the only Oxford college which is dedicated solely to mature students (21+ with no upper age limit). It has a warm and friendly atmosphere. There is a great deal of support available and each student is treated as an individual. Our diversity of age, nationality and background makes the college a very interesting and vibrant society. The college has a number of scholarships for second undergraduate degrees, up to £18,500 each.
College accommodation is all on the main site and students can generally live in for at least the first and final years of their course. Our excellent librarians manage some 70,000 volumes, and the library itself is open to students 24 hours a day during term time. Each student also has a small book grant to spend as they wish. The student community is socially active, with a lively variety of sporting and cultural events.
Read more on the college website.
Harris Manchester is...
…simply inspiring. It’s amazing how everyone has done something interesting before starting at university.
…a library like the Beauty and the Beast library. It makes for romantic encounters with your textbooks.
…a vibrant patchwork of experiences, ideas and world views.
…mature students, wise academics and lovely staff.
…a close-knit community and a place to call home away from home.
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
- All first years on site: YES
- Usually offered for three years: NO
- Usually offered for first year and one other year: YES
- Usually offered for all years: NO
- Some vacation storage for international students: YES
- Dining hall: YES
- Bar: YES
- Café: NO
- Gym on site: NO
- Boathouse: YES
- Library open 24/7: YES
- Computer rooms/stations: YES
- Wi-Fi throughout college: YES
- Music room: NO
- Theatre/performance space: NO
- Chapel: YES
- Multi-faith prayer room: NO
Clubs and societies
- Music society: NO
- Orchestra/s: NO
- Choir/s: YES
- Dramatic society: NO
- College student magazine/paper: NO
- Some subject societies: NO
- Other societies: YES
- Archaeology and Anthropology
- Classics and English
- Classics and Oriental Studies
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- History and Economics
- History and English
- History and Politics
- History of Art
- Human Sciences
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Medicine (Graduate Entry)
- Oriental Studies
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Philosophy and Theology
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics
- Religion and Oriental Studies
- Theology and Religion