Wadham has high academic standards maintained in an informal and progressive atmosphere. We welcome academic excellence, diversity and independence and are known for our inclusive and welcoming culture. Wadham is one of the larger colleges and offers most of the undergraduate courses available at Oxford.
Our Student Union provides facilities and support for students and organises charity, cultural, entertainment and welfare events.
Wadham students have access to excellent resources and facilities, including a library with over 40,000 texts and a computer room. There are frequent productions in our theatre and in the Holywell Music Room. Sports facilities include a gym, badminton and squash courts, a boathouse and a sports ground with pavilion.
Wadham currently offers undergraduates accommodation in their first and final years. Building schedules permitting, we hope to offer undergraduates joining in 2019 accommodation throughout their studies. High-quality and affordable meals are available to all students on the main college site.
Read more on the college website.
…always having someone to support you.
…a supportive environment with stimulating tutors.
…a place where you can be yourself.
…the home of great debate, encouraging freedom of thought and expression.
…the most gorgeous library where you can curl up on a beanbag with a view of the gardens.
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
- All first years on site: YES
- Usually offered for three years: YES
- Usually offered for first year and one other year: NO
- Usually offered for all years: NO
- Some vacation storage for international students: YES
- Dining hall: YES
- Bar: YES
- Café: NO
- Gym on site: YES
- Boathouse: YES
- Library open 24/7: YES
- Computer rooms/stations: YES
- Wi-Fi throughout college: YES
- Music room: YES
- Theatre/performance space: YES
- Chapel: YES
- Multi-faith prayer room: NO
Clubs and societies
- Music society: YES
- Orchestra/s: YES
- Choir/s: YES
- Dramatic society: YES
- College student magazine/paper: NO
- Some subject societies: YES
- Other societies: NO
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics and English
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Classics and Oriental Studies
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Economics
- History and English
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- History of Art
- Human Sciences
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Oriental Studies
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Physics and Philosophy
- Psychology (Experimental)