About the college
St John’s is proud of its reputation for academic excellence within a vibrant, supportive and socially diverse community.
We offer one of the widest ranges of subject choice for undergraduates, taught by tutors and lecturers who are experts in their fields. Our excellent academic facilities include a new, fully accessible study centre.
Undergraduates benefit from reasonably priced meals and accommodation. With on-site rooms guaranteed for the duration of a degree, we are able to build a strong sense of community. We also offer additional grants and prizes to help with academic-related expenses, such as books and computing equipment, travel and vacation study, projects and dissertations.
A diverse range of programmes and facilities for art, music, sport and drama offer all our students the chance to pursue their wider interests, from beginner to expert level.
Read more on the college website.
St John’s is...
'...a supportive community coupled with outstanding facilities and teaching.'
'…able to provide me with amazing opportunities.'
'…the place I’ve met the most interesting, intelligent and impressive people.'
'…great for cheap and good quality food – especially Hall breakfasts.'
'…fantastic for accommodation. You can live in for all years of your course.'
Visit our College Facilities Table to compare facilities across different colleges.
|All first years on site||Yes|
|Usually offered for all years||Yes|
|Usually offered for three years||Not applicable|
|Usually offered for first year and one other year||Not applicable|
|Some vacation storage for international students||Yes|
|Gym on site||Yes|
|Library open 24/7||Yes|
|Wi-Fi throughout college||Yes|
|Multi-faith prayer room||No|
Clubs and societies
Club / society
|College student magazine/paper||Yes|
|Some subject societies||Yes|
- Archaeology and Anthropology
- Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics and Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Computer Science
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- Fine Art
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Economics
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- History of Art
- Human Sciences
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Philosophy and Theology
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics
- Religion and Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- Theology and Religion
Link Local Authorities
Brighton and Hove
Access and Outreach at St John's
Access Lead: Richard Waters
+44 (0) 1865 277350
St John's College
St Giles, Oxford OX1 3JP