Twilight view of Broad Street in Oxford
Credit: Liam Peck, DPhil in Ion Channels & Disease (Graduate Photography Competition)
Did you know?
- Oxford was ranked first in the world in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
- There are over 24,000 students at Oxford, including 11,955 undergraduates and 12,010 postgraduates.
- Oxford is very competitive: more than 23,000 people have applied in each of the last three admissions cycles, and there are usually only around 3,300 places.
- The majority of Oxford’s UK undergraduates come from state schools. For 2020 entry, over 69% of UK offers went to students from the state sector.
- Oxford offers more than 250 postgraduate programmes.
- International students make up almost 45% of our total student body - around 10,900 students. Students come to Oxford from more than 160 countries and territories.
- According to the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, the official UK-wide assessment of all university research, Oxford has the largest volume of world-leading research in the UK.
- The University, including the colleges and Oxford University Press, is the largest employer in Oxfordshire, supporting around 33,700 jobs in the county and injecting more than £2.3bn annually into the regional economy.