Twilight view of Broad Street in Oxford
Credit: Liam Peck, DPhil in Ion Channels & Disease (Graduate Photography Competition)
Did you know?
- Oxford was ranked first in the world in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings for 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- There are over 24,000 students at Oxford, including 11,930 undergraduates and 11,813 postgraduates.
- Oxford is very competitive: more than 23,000 people applied for around 3,300 undergraduate places for entry in 2019. That means that Oxford receives, on average, around 7 applications for each available place.
- The majority of Oxford’s UK undergraduates come from state schools. The latest figures show that, of places offered to UK applicants, over 62.3% of undergraduate places went to students from the state sector.
- Oxford offers more than 350 different graduate degree programmes.
- International students make up almost 43% of our total student body - over 10,000 students. Students come to Oxford from more than 150 countries and territories.
- According to the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, the official UK-wide assessment of all university research, Oxford has the largest volume of world-leading research in the country.
- The University, including the colleges and Oxford University Press, is the largest employer in Oxfordshire, supporting around more than 30,000 jobs in the county and injecting more than £2.3bn annually into the regional economy.