There are more than 25,000 students at Oxford
Did you know?
- Oxford was ranked first in the world in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- There are more than 25,000 students at Oxford, including 12,510 undergraduates and 13,044 postgraduates.
- Entry to undergraduate courses at Oxford continues to be very competitive: there are usually only around 3,300 places, and over 23,000 people applied to start in 2020.
- The majority of Oxford’s UK undergraduates come from state schools. For 2020 entry, over 69% of UK offers went to students from the state sector.
- Oxford offers more than 350 postgraduate programmes.
- For 2020/21 entry, over 34,500 applications were received for some 6,675 postgraduate places.
- International students make up almost 45% of our total student body - around 11,500 students. Students come to Oxford from more than 160 countries and territories.
- According to the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, the official UK-wide assessment of all university research, Oxford has the largest volume of world-leading research in the UK.
- The University, including the colleges and Oxford University Press, is the largest employer in Oxfordshire, supporting around 33,700 jobs in the county and injecting more than £2.3bn annually into the regional economy (source: 2017 study carried out by BiGGAR Economics – Economic Impact of the University of Oxford).