Section of the Oxford Experience inforgraphic
Did you know?
- Oxford was ranked first in the world in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings 2016-2017.
- There are over 23,000 students at Oxford, including 11,728 undergraduates and 10,941 postgraduates.
- Oxford is very competitive: around 18,300 people applied for around 3,200 undergraduate places for entry in 2015. That means that Oxford receives, on average, around five applications for each available place.
- The majority of Oxford’s UK undergraduates come from state schools. The latest figures show that, of places offered to British students attending schools or colleges in the UK, 59.2% of undergraduate places went to students from the state sector.
- Oxford offers more than 300 different graduate degree programmes. 5% of all the UK’s graduate research students are studying at Oxford University.
- 42% of our total student body - almost 9,900 students - are citizens of foreign countries. Students come to Oxford from over 140 countries and territories.
- According to the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, the official UK-wide assessment of all university research, Oxford has the largest volume of world-leading research in the country.
- The University, including the colleges and Oxford University Press, is the largest employer in Oxfordshire, supporting around 17,000 jobs and injecting more than £750 million annually into the regional economy.