These scholarships have been established by Simon and June Li to provide funding for undergraduate students demonstrating exceptional academic merit who may be prevented from taking up their course of study due to financial circumstances. One scholarship will be available for three or four-year courses in the Humanities Division.
Am I eligible?
|Residency:||Applicants must be ordinarily resident in one of the following countries:|
Afghanistan; Bahrain; Bangladesh; Bhutan; Brunei Darussalam; Cambodia; China; Fiji; Hong Kong SAR; India; Indonesia; Iran (Islamic Republic of); Iraq; Israel; Jordan; Kiribati; (Democratic People’s Republic of) Korea; Kuwait; Lao People’s Democratic Republic; Lebanon; Malaysia; Maldives; Mongolia; Myanmar; Nepal; Oman; Papua New Guinea; Philippines; Pakistan; Qatar; Republic of Korea; Samoa; Saudi Arabia; Singapore; Solomon Islands; Sri Lanka; State of Palestine; Syrian Arab Republic; Taiwan Province of China; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Turkey; United Arab Emirates; Vanuatu; Viet Nam; Yemen.
|Level of study:||Undergraduate|
|Year of study:||New students|
|Subject:||All three-year or four-year courses in the Humanities Division|
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and financial need. The information that you provide in your application form will be used to assess how you meet these criteria.
What does it cover?
|Duration:||3 or 4 years depending on course length|
|Value:||Course fees and a grant towards living costs|
|Number:||One scholarship will be awarded for 2022 entry|
How do I apply?
1) You must make an application to the University of Oxford for an undergraduate course through UCAS by 15 October 2021, and be successful in gaining a place.
2) If you have been offered a place at the University of Oxford for an undergraduate course for 2022 entry, you should read the Guidance notes (please see ‘Related documents’ on this page) and complete the Undergraduate scholarships application form online (please see ‘Related websites’ on this page) by 12 noon (UK time) on 9 February 2022.
3) For 2022 entry applicants who apply by the 9 February 2022 scholarship deadline, the selection process will be undertaken in March 2022.
4) Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in April 2022.
- Scholars will be expected to write an annual report about their academic and social activities, and achievements at the University.
- Receipt of the award in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Applicants should be aware that competition for the scheme is very high and the University does not have additional funding for those candidates who are not offered a scholarship.
- If you hold an offer for deferred entry for an undergraduate course at Oxford, and you’d like to apply for a scholarship, please apply for the scholarship in January of the year you will start your Oxford course (eg in January 2022 if you hold an offer to start in October 2022). We can only consider applications for undergraduate scholarships once.