The University of Oxford is offering an exciting funding opportunity for Turkish undergraduate students.
The Ahmet Ertegun Memorial Scholarship was established by the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund in memory of Ahmet Ertegun, co-founder of Atlantic Records, to provide funding for Turkish undergraduate students at the University of Oxford. The funding was raised via a Led Zeppelin reunion concert in memory of Mr Ertegun.
Am I eligible?
|Nationality and residency:||Turkish nationals ordinarily resident outside the European Economic Area (EEA)|
|Level of study:||Undergraduate|
|Year of study:||New students|
|Subject:||All subjects in the course listing, except medicine|
|Other criteria:||Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of financial need and academic merit. Applicants should be intending to return to their country of ordinary residence following their studies.|
What does it cover?
|Duration:||3 or 4 years depending on course length|
|Value:||Course fees, a grant for living costs and one return air fare per year|
|Number:||One award will be available|
How do I apply?
- You must make an application to the University of Oxford for an undergraduate course through UCAS by 15 October 2021, and be successful in gaining a place.
- Details on how to apply for a scholarship for 2022 entry will be made available on this page in January 2022.
- For 2022 entry applicants who apply by the 9 February 2022 scholarship deadline, the selection process will be undertaken in March 2022.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in April 2022.
- Scholars will be expected to write an annual report about their academic and social activities, and achievements at the University.
- Receipt of the award in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Applicants should be aware that competition for the scheme is very high and the University does not have additional funding for those candidates who are not offered a scholarship.