The University of Oxford is offering an exciting funding opportunity for Turkish undergraduate students.
The Ahmet Ertegun Memorial Scholarship was established by the Ahmet Ertegun Education Fund in memory of Ahmet Ertegun, co-founder of Atlantic Records, to provide funding for Turkish undergraduate students at the University of Oxford. The funding was raised via a Led Zeppelin reunion concert in memory of Mr Ertegun.
Am I eligible?
|Nationality and residency:||Turkish nationals ordinarily resident outside the European Economic Area (EEA)|
|Level of study:||Undergraduate|
|Year of study:||New students|
|Subject:||All subjects in the course listing, except medicine|
|Other criteria:||Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of financial need and academic merit. Applicants should be intending to return to their country of ordinary residence following their studies.|
What does it cover?
|Duration:||3 or 4 years depending on course length|
|Value:||Course fees, a grant for living costs and one return air fare per year|
|Number:||One award will be available|
How do I apply?
- Applications for 2020 entry are now closed. Details on how to apply for 2021 entry will be made available on this page in January 2021.
- For 2020 entry applicants who applied by the 12 February 2020 scholarship deadline, the selection process will be undertaken in March 2020.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in April 2020.
- Scholars will be expected to write an annual report about their academic and social activities, and achievements at the University.
- Receipt of the award in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Applicants should be aware that competition for the scheme is very high and the University does not have additional funding for those candidates who are not offered a scholarship.