(Image Credit: Alethia Kang / Graduate Photography Competition)
Applications for graduate study have increased by 140% since 2005.
Our graduate students represent many countries and cultures, and are from a wide variety of academic and professional backgrounds.
Graduate headline figures
- The total number of applications in the 2016-17 entry year was 25,994, compared to 24,645 for 2015-16 entry
- 8,887 applications (34.2%) were for graduate research degrees and 17,057 were for graduate taught degrees (65.8%)
- The total number of acceptances in the 2016-17 admissions year was 5,548
- 6,385 applications (24.6%) came from UK citizens; 5,126 (19.7%) from EU (non-UK) citizens and 14,433 (55.7%) from Non-EU citizens
- 1,976 acceptances (36%) were from UK citizens, 1,125 (21%) from EU (non-UK) citizens and 2,347 (43%) from Non-EU citizens