- Mock exams, exam orientation, overcoming exam anxiety and exam preparation seminars are held in Weeks 5-6 of Hilary term and Weeks 2-3 of Trinity term.
- Sessions are designed to help you prepare to sit exams by sharing advice on revision, time management and regulations, whilst enabling you to familiarise yourself with the exam venues.
- Staff are on hand to answer any questions you have in relation to your exams.
- You must reserve your place to attend via WebLearn.
Overcoming exam anxiety workshop
- Tuesday 12 February (week 5 Hilary term) 14:00-15:00 at Examination Schools
One-hour session aimed at developing techniques for dealing with exam-related anxiety.
Exam preparation seminar
- Thursday 14 February (week 5 Hilary term) 16:00-17:00 at Examination Schools
- Tuesday 7 May (week 2 Trinity term) 16:00-17:00 at Examination Schools
One-hour talk covering study skills and tips for preparing well for your examinations.
Includes a question and answer session with exam staff.
- Tuesday 19 February (week 6 Hilary term) 14:30-17:30 at Examination Schools
- Wednesday 20 February (week 6 Hilary term) 9:30-12:30 at Ewert House
- Thursday 21 February (week 6 Hilary term) 14:30-17:30 at Examination Schools
- Friday 22 February (week 6 Hilary term) 09:30-12:30 at Examination Schools
- Tuesday 14 May (week 3 Trinity term) 14:30-17:30 at Examination Schools
- Wednesday 15 May (week 3 Trinity term) 9:30-12:30 at Ewert House
- Thursday 16 May (week 3 Trinity term) 14:30-17:30 at Examination Schools
- Friday 17 May (week 3 Trinity term) 09:30-12:30 at Examination Schools
Three-hour invigilated exam sittings held at both the Examination Schools and Ewert House.
Bring your own past exam paper or revision work and adhere to Examination regulations.
You will have an opportunity to ask questions at the end of the three hours.
If you have approved alternative arrangements these can also be trialled at the mock exams, please email email@example.com in advance of booking.
Exam orientation sessions
- Tuesday 19 February (week 6 Hilary term) 14:30-15:30 at Examination Schools
- Thursday 21 February (week 6 Hilary term) 14:30-15:30 at Examination Schools
- Tuesday 14 May (week 3 Trinity term) 14:30-15:30 at Examination Schools
- Thursday 16 May (week 3 Trinity term) 14:30-15:30 at Examination Schools
Orientations are a one-hour talk to clarify exam regulations and what to expect on the day.
You will have the opportunity to ask questions with exams staff at the end of the session.
Separate sessions are available to students with alternative arrangements, such as extra time or use of a computer.
Mock exams and exam orientation sessions are hosted at the same time. You cannot attend both sessions in the same time slot, but may attend other sessions taking place that week.
Counselling workshops and podcasts
A range of workshops and self-help guides are also available from the Counselling Service to help you build skills to respond to the demands of life at university.
Points to note before attending mock exams:
You must bring your own past exam question paper with you. You should discuss this with your tutor or download a past paper from the OXAM website. The Examinations and Assessment team cannot provide questions or past papers.
Arrange for your script to be marked. You should discuss this with your tutor. The Examinations and Assessment team cannot arrange this for you.
Arrive at the main hall of the Examination Schools at least 20 minutes before the start of your session, wearing full sub fusc.
Read the examination guidance regarding what items are / are not permitted in the exam room. These regulations apply to the mock exams and exam orientation.
Examination Schools programme of events
|Venue||Date||Mock exam||Exam orientation||Alternative arrangement orientation||Overcoming exam anxiety workshop||Exam preparation seminar|
|Examination Schools||Tuesday 12 February 2019||14:00-15:00|
|Examination Schools||Thursday 14 February 2019||16:00-17:00|
|Examination Schools||Tuesday 19 February 2019||14:30-17:30||14:30-15:30||14:30-15:30|
|Ewert House||Wednesday 20 February 2019||09:30-12:30|
|Examination Schools||Thursday 21 February 2019||14:30-17:30||14:30-15:30||14:30-15:30|
|Examination Schools||Friday 22 February 2019||09:30-12:30|
|Venue||Date||Mock exam||Exam Orientation||Alternative arrangements orientation||Exam preparation seminar|
|Examination Schools||Tuesday 7 May 2019||16:00-17:00|
|Examination Schools||Tuesday 14 May 2019||14:30-17:30||14:30-15:30||14:30-15:30|
|Ewert House||Wednesday 15 May 2019||9:30-12:30|
|Examination Schools||Thursday 16 May 2019||14:30-17:30||14:30-15:30||14:30-15:30|
|Examination Schools||Friday 17 May 2019||9:30-12:30|