Undergraduates waiting for the start of their last exam of the year.
Copyright © Greg Smolonski. This image comes from
- Mock exams, exam orientation and exam preparation sessions are held in Weeks 5-6 of Hilary term and Weeks 2-3 of Trinity term.
- Sessions are designed to help you prepare to sit exams by sharing advice on revision, time management and regulations, whilst enabling you to familiarise yourself with the exam venues.
- Staff are on hand to answer any questions you have in relation to your exams.
- You must reserve your place to attend via WebLearn.
Exam preparation session
- 60-minute talks on preparing for exams held at the Examination Schools.
- Talks cover revision, time management and exam regulations.
- Includes a question and answer session with exam staff.
- Three-hour invigilated exam sittings held at both the Examination Schools and Ewert House.
- Bring your own past exam paper or revision work and adhere to Examination regulations.
- You will have an opportunity to ask questions at the end of the three hours.
- If you have approved alternative arrangements these can also be trialled at the mock exams, please email email@example.com in advance of booking.
Exam orientation sessions
- Orientations are a one-hour talk to clarify exam regulations and what to expect on the day.
- You will have the opportunity to ask questions with exams staff at the end of the session.
- Separate sessions are available to students with alternative arrangements, such as extra time or use of a computer.
- Mock exams and exam orientation sessions are hosted at the same time. You cannot attend both sessions in the same time slot, but may attend other sessions taking place that week.
Workshops and Podcasts
A range of workshops and self-help guides are also available from the Counselling Service to help you build skills to respond to the demands of life at university.
Mock exams 2017/18
|Venue||Date||Mock exam||Exam orientation||Alternative arrangement orientation||Postgraduate exam preparation session||Undergraduate exam preparation session|
|Examination Schools||Wednesday 2 May 2018||16:00-17:00|
|Examination Schools||Thursday 3 May 2018||16:00-17:00|
|Examination Schools||Tuesday 8 May 2018||14:30-17:30||14:30-15:30||14:30-15:30|
|Ewert House||Wednesday 9 May 2018||09:30-12:30|
|Examination Schools||Thursday 10 May 2018||14:30-17:30||14:30-15:30||14:30-15:30|
|Examination Schools||Friday 11 May 2018||09:30-12:30|
Points to note before attending mock exams:
- You must bring your own past exam question paper with you. You should discuss this with your tutor or download a past paper from the OXAM website. The Examinations and Assessment team cannot provide questions or past papers.
- Arrange for your script to be marked. You should discuss this with your tutor. The Examinations and Assessment team cannot arrange this for you.
- Arrive at the main hall of the Examination Schools at least 20 minutes before the start of your session, wearing full sub fusc.
- Read the examination guidance regarding what items are / are not permitted in the exam room. These regulations apply to the mock exams and exam orientation.