As a result of the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, live mock examinations and orientations that were due to take place in Trinity term 2020 have now been cancelled. Your department will inform you directly on the status of all of your exams due to take place Trinity term 2020.
Please refer to the Coronavirus (COVID-19): advice and support for students webpage for the latest guidance.
Students sitting open-book exams in Trinity term 2020
If you have been informed that you are due to sit any of your exams as open-book exams, you will have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the online platform that will be used to administer the open-book exams. Full information and guidance, including timing, is currently being finalised and will be communicated shortly.
In the meantime, you can find further information relating to open-book exams and what it means to you in the dedicated page within the Student website.
- Mock exams, exam orientation and exam preparation seminars are held throughout Hilary term and Trinity term.
- Sessions are designed to help you prepare to for exams by sharing advice on revision, time management and regulations, whilst enabling you to familiarise yourself with the exam venues.
- Staff are on hand to answer any questions you have in relation to your exams.
- You can reserve a place to attend these events via Eventbrite.
- Tuesday 12 May (week 3 Trinity term) 14:30-17:30 at Examination Schools
- Wednesday 13 May (week 3 Trinity term) 9:30-12:30 at Ewert House
- Thursday 14 May (week 3 Trinity term) 14:30-17:30 at Examination Schools
- Friday 15 May (week 3 Trinity term) 9:30-12:30 at Examination Schools
Three-hour invigilated exam sittings held at both the Examination Schools and Ewert House.
Bring your own past exam paper or revision work and adhere to Examination regulations.
You will have an opportunity to ask questions at the end of the three hours.
If you have approved alternative arrangements for extra time or use of a computer these can also be trialled at the mock exams, please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of booking.
Exam orientation sessions
- Tuesday 12 May (week 3 Trinity term) 14:30-15:30 at Examination Schools
- Thursday 14 May (week 3 Trinity term) 14:30-15:30 at Examination Schools
Orientations are a one-hour talk to clarify exam regulations and what to expect on the day.
You will have the opportunity to ask questions with exams staff during the session.
Separate sessions are available to students with alternative arrangements, such as extra time or use of a computer.
Mock exams and exam orientation sessions are hosted at the same time. You cannot attend both sessions in the same time slot, but may attend other sessions taking place that week.
Counselling workshops and podcasts
A range of workshops and self-help guides are also available from the Counselling Service to help you build skills to respond to the demands of life at university.
Points to note before attending mock exams:
You must bring your own past exam question paper with you. You should discuss this with your tutor or download a past paper from the OXAM website. The Examinations and Assessment team cannot provide questions or past papers.
Arrange for your script to be marked. You should discuss this with your tutor. The Examinations and Assessment team cannot arrange this for you.
Arrive at the main hall of the Examination Schools at least 20 minutes before the start of your session, wearing full sub fusc.
Read the examination guidance regarding what items are / are not permitted in the exam room. These regulations apply to the mock exams and exam orientation.