At the heart of the city, Jesus College is known as one of the friendliest of Oxford’s colleges. We’re an inclusive and informal place, where the well-being and success of our students are our highest priorities. To instil this sense of community, all of our undergraduates can live in college accommodation for their entire degrees.
Jesus College students can enjoy the best possible education regardless of their backgrounds. Generous access bursaries are available for any student in financial need. This money does not need to be repaid, and is given on top of University bursaries. To maintain high standards, there are also awards to recognise academic achievement and progress, as well as support for extracurricular activities. It is little wonder that the college has been voted amongst the best for student satisfaction since 2010.
Jesus College has had Welsh connections since its founding in 1571, although our students now come from all over the UK and abroad.
Read more on the college website.
Jesus College is...
…a tight-knit place, where you quickly get to know the people you’re studying with, and those in other years.
…a truly inclusive, colourful and empowered community where we look after each other.
…able to provide college-owned accommodation for every year of your degree. This means you get to stay with your friends!
…supportive and generous. It helped me attend a conference, and a ski trip! I couldn’t have gone otherwise.
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
- All first years on site: YES
- Usually offered for three years: YES
- Usually offered for first year and one other year: NO
- Usually offered for all years: NO
- Some vacation storage for international students: YES
- Dining hall: YES
- Bar: YES
- Café: NO
- Gym on site: NO
- Boathouse: YES
- Library open 24/7: YES
- Computer rooms/stations: YES
- Wi-Fi throughout college: YES
- Music room: YES
- Theatre/performance space: NO
- Chapel: YES
- Multi-faith prayer room: NO
Clubs and societies
- Music society: NO
- Orchestra/s: YES
- Choir/s: YES
- Dramatic society: NO
- College student magazine/paper: YES
- Some subject societies: YES
- Other societies: YES
- Classics and English
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Computer Science
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- History and Economics
- History and English
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Philosophy and Theology
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics