At the moment, students from Wales are under-represented at Oxford. To help change this we are launching Oxford Cymru, an extensive community outreach programme, offering bespoke and local support to students of mixed ages, their families and teachers.
Three Oxford colleges, Jesus College, New College and St Catherine’s College, have joined forces to lead on delivering this exciting new programme. By working together, these colleges will ensure that for the first time the University of Oxford is able to offer a coherent outreach programme that covers the whole of Wales. Our aims are ambitious and split in to two key areas:
- To ensure that the proportion of outreach work delivered by the University reflects the proportion of schools in each Welsh region by 2024 / 25.
- To increase the amount of outreach work in Mid, Northwest, and West Wales to ensure it reflects the proportion of all schools in these regions by 2024 / 25.
- To create a digital and print marketing campaign to reach all Welsh secondary schools by 2023, helping to raise the profile of Oxford University in Wales.
- To increase the rate of application growth from Welsh state-school students to 5% per annum by 2024 / 25.
- To increase applications from South West and West Wales so that they make up at least 25% of total Welsh applications by 2024 / 25.
Local Authorities are - Blaenau Gwent, Bridgend, Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Conwy, Denbighshire, Flintshire, Gwynedd, Isle of Anglesey, Merthyr Tydfil, Monmouthshire, Neath Port Talbot, Newport, Pembrokeshire, Powys, Rhondda Cynon Taf, Swansea, Torfaen, Vale of Glamorgan, Wrexham.
Navigate through the boxes below to find out what we are doing for Students, Teachers and Families in Oxford, in your Region and Online.