Returning for its third series, the University of Oxford's Futuremakers podcast follows host, Professor Peter Millican, as he talks to researchers from around the world about some of the devastating pandemics humanity has experienced.
Professor Millican and his colleagues look at ten major outbreaks: from the Plague of Athens to the West African Ebola outbreak, via the Black Death, Cholera and Smallpox, and ask how these outbreaks have shaped society, what we may be able to learn from them today, and where we might be heading?
There are 10 Episodes, along with a preview and bonus podcast:
- Series Preview: The Future after COVID-19
- Episode One: The Plague of Athens
- Episode Two: The Plague of Justinian
- Episode Three: Black Death
- Episode Four: The Great Plague
- Episode Five: Smallpox
- Episode Six: Cholera
- Episode Seven: 'Russian' Flu: the pandemic that wasn't?
- Episode Eight: The 'Spanish' Flu
- Episode Nine: HIV/AIDS
- Coming soon... Bonus Episode: Pandemic X
- Meet the team
You'll find Futuremakers on:
Apple Podcasts: http://bit.ly/FUTUREmakers
Google Podcasts: http://bit.ly/Futuremakers_GO