We are here to build a world class environment for all fixed-term researchers at Oxford.
Our focus is to support all researchers on fixed-term research or teaching contracts at Oxford (‘researchers’). The Hub's activities will also benefit academic and professional service colleagues in their work with researchers.
We co-own and are responsible for coordinating the delivery of many actions within The University's action plan to fulfil the Concordat to Support the Career Development of Researchers.
Researchers have distinctive needs, to:
- Feel welcome and valued.
- Thrive and do great research.
- Create connections socially and professionally.
- Focus on their career and explore possible futures.
- Grow through collaborative relationships, effective leadership, mentoring and institutional support.
We are an inclusive team and work in collaboration with our divisions and other groups from across the University. Our key partners are fixed-term researchers, academic line managers/PIs, and professional services.
The Hub helps researchers plan and meet their aspirations for their time at Oxford, taking full advantage of all personal, professional and career development opportunities.
We work within a community of practitioners from across the University who are invested in improving the everyday environments of researchers.
Together, we are facilitating cultural and systemic change in the research environment.
- Welcome you with an orientation to the University, and an invitation to meet us at our Open Hub open office session.
- Show you what is available to researchers, to help you choose rewarding personal, professional and career development opportunities. Balancing time for each is important for thriving at Oxford!
- Inform you of key policy and activity development relating to researchers, and how to get involved.
- Listen to your ideas and interests, and work in partnership with you and others across the University to strengthen our research culture, including the experience of fixed-term research.
The Hub team and I are keen to speak to you and for the coming term will host open office hours on Thursdays between 3pm and 4pm. To join us, please email email@example.com.
Dr Rachel Bray
The Hub Team
Dr Rachel Bray
Researcher Hub Lead