Worcester is set within 26 acres of award-winning gardens and wooded grounds including a lake and on-site sports fields. It is a happy blend of ancient and modern, with buildings from medieval cottages to self-catering accommodation completed in the last decade. Undergraduates enjoy a wide range of extra-curricular activities including sport, music and drama, making Worcester a diverse and vibrant academic community.
The college aims to offer accommodation to all undergraduates for three years of their degree. All rooms are on site or no more than 300 metres from the perimeter. Some are in historic buildings, but many have been recently built or refurbished, and over two-thirds are ensuite with access to nearby kitchen facilities. Worcester has a well-deserved reputation for excellent food at low prices and many students choose to eat in the college’s dining hall. The college offers a friendly and welcoming environment for students to work and socialise.
Read more on the college website.
…alongside the academic and extracurricular side to college life, a great social scene. With lots of organised and unorganised fun, there’s always an opportunity to let your hair down!
…having such a tangible sense of support and encouragement – the staff and students have become my second family.
…gardens and pitches that are fantastic places to relax or play sport, and there is a really friendly vibe between everyone in college.
…being able to do many sports, but this doesn’t mean you have to do sport if that’s not your thing.
…like this green oasis at the heart of the city. It has plenty of wide open space to go for a wander – if you don’t mind making way for our ducks!
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
- All first years on site: YES
- Usually offered for three years: YES
- Usually offered for first year and one other year: NO
- Usually offered for all years: NO
- Some vacation storage for international students: YES
- Dining hall: YES
- Bar: YES
- Café: YES
- Gym on site: YES
- Boathouse: YES
- Library open 24/7: YES
- Computer rooms/stations: YES
- Wi-Fi throughout college: YES
- Music room: YES
- Theatre/performance space: YES
- Chapel: YES
- Multi-faith prayer room: NO
Clubs and societies
- Music society: YES
- Orchestra/s: YES
- Choir/s: YES
- Dramatic society: YES
- College student magazine/paper: YES
- Some subject societies: YES
- Other societies: YES
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics and English
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Classics and Oriental Studies
- Computer Science
- Earth Sciences (Geology)
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- Fine Art
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Economics
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- History of Art
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Philosophy and Theology
- Physics and Philosophy
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics
- Theology and Religion