The Sexual Harassment and Violence Support Service provides a variety of training for current staff and students at the University. The key aims of our training are to raise awareness of the prevalence and impact of sexual violence, ensure students receive safe and appropriate responses when seeking support, and to share details of the Sexual Harassment and Violence Support Service so that students can be signposted and referred with confidence.
Sexual Violence Awareness Training
Description: This 2-hour training session focuses on highlighting the prevalence of sexual violence in the University and broader community, the impact of sexual violence, and how to support and refer students to specialist support. The session includes interactive quizzes and small group discussions. The training is currently being delivered online.
The training is open access for anyone interested within the collegiate university, including students.
- To understand key statistics and definitions relating to sexual violence and domestic abuse
- To consider impacts of sexual violence
- To learn about support services available to students
- To explore barriers to disclosure and seeking support
- To outline best practice for responding to disclosures
- To understand how and where to refer on
- To highlight the importance of self-care
- Tuesday 27th September 2022 1:30-3:30pm
- Monday 14th November 2022 9:30-11:30am
How to book: To sign up for training, or to be added to the waiting list for future dates, please complete this form.
Sexual Violence Workshop for College Welfare Staff
This workshop, open only to college welfare teams, is on support options, risk and safeguarding, and responding well to students who disclose an incidence of sexual harassment or violence. The session is 3 hours in person, in a case study based workshop.
The workshop is limited to staff acting in welfare and other relevant student facing roles. This training is not appropriate for students or peer supporters.
How to book: To express your interest in attending a workshop, please email email@example.com.