Further Support

There are a number of organisations locally and nationally providing specialist support to individuals affected by sexual harassment or violence, domestic and relationship abuse and stalking.

Further Support within the University:

University Counselling Service

The University Counselling Service has compiled a list of self-help resources on surviving traumatic events. These may be helpful when thinking about any challenges that you may be facing and what you can do to address these. The Counselling Service has a number of counsellors who are experienced in working with survivors of sexual harassment and violence. Details on how you can make an appointment with the Counselling Service are available on the Counselling webpage.

Specialist organisations outside of the University:

Sexual Violence

Solace Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC)

Solace provides a 24/7 support line for survivors, with specialist support for recent incidents. They value dignity and respect and offer support regardless of whether you wish to report to police or not. If you have been assaulted very recently they can support with sexual health and medical care (in the past 7 days). They also offer counselling and advocacy, including to those who have experienced sexual assault outside of the past 7 days. 

If you are worried about a friend, they also have a confidential support line for friends and family supporting a survivor of sexual assault. 

Rape Crisis England and Wales 

Rape Crisis offer a 24/7 helpline and online chat to support all survivors of sexual assault regardless of when the assault took place. If someone isn't sure what happened and wants help with processing this, they can offer guidance and support.

Oxfordshire Sexual Abuse and Rape Crisis Centre (OSARCC)

OSARCC is an Oxfordshire based service that offers support for survivors. They offer an Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) service. An ISVA is an expert in police and criminal justice processes,  who can support you with both emotional and practical support whilst navigating the criminal justice system should you choose to make a police report (however you do not need to make a formal report to access an ISVA’s support). There is a University ISVA available to Oxford students, and further details can be found here. 

National Association for People Abused in Childhood (NAPAC)

NAPAC provides tailored support for adult survivors of childhood abuse. They have a helpline available 10am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, as well as a survivor toolkit which includes both practical and emotional support. They also have information around how to navigate family events as well as a booklet for those supporting survivors. 

Sexual Violence abroad

If the incident happened in another country and you are still there, you can contact the local British Consulate or Embassy for assistance, including medical and legal help. The Rape Crisis Network Europe website has information about specialist support services available in European countries.

Domestic Abuse

National Domestic Abuse Helpline

This helpline is open 24/7 and can provide practical and emotional support to survivors and victims of domestic abuse. This can include advice on keeping safe, knowing your rights and options, as well as support with accessing refuges if appropriate. 


A2Dominion is an Oxfordshire based service which offer supports to those experiencing domestic abuse. This includes a helpline which is open from 10am to 7pm Monday to Friday. 

Karma Nirvana 

Karma Nirvana are a service that supports those experiencing Honour Based Abuse. This includes domestic abuse, forced marriages and ultimately any act of abuse or violence under the guise of protecting honour. They run a helpline from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. 

Reducing the Risk

Reducing the Risk has information on domestic abuse both for survivors as well as family and friends who are supporting someone who is experiencing or has experienced domestic abuse. It also contains links to further support options locally and nationally, some of which are listed on this page. 


Suzy Lamplugh Trust

This organisation runs the National Stalking Helpline, offering support and guidance to those experiencing stalking. It is open from 9:30am to 4pm, Monday to Friday. They also have an Am I Being Stalked? Online tool to help you assess what you are experiencing and if it might be stalking. 


Paladin offers advice around recognising stalking and harassment for both those experiencing behaviours and for friends and family who are worried about someone. You can make a referral to the service on their website to receive advocacy support around stalking and harassment. 

Specific Male Survivor Support

Survivors UK 

Survivors UK offers tailored supported for men and non-binary survivors of sexual assault. They have a web chat service that runs from 12pm to 8pm every day where you can access support. Each text-based support session lasts up to 45 minutes but you can access as many sessions as you need/want.   

They also have a case worker and counselling service for those living in London.


Respect Advice Line is available to male victims of domestic abuse. They offer 30 minutes of confidential, non-judgemental support via phone or webchat, and have an email support service.

This service is separate to the support available to people concerned about their own behaviour.

Specific LGBTQ+ Survivor Support


Galop offers LGBTQ+ specific support to those who have experienced any kind of violence and abuse. They have a support line and web chat available Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm, as well as an online community for LGBTQ+ domestic abuse survivors. 

The Naz and Matt Foundation

The Naz and Matt Foundation mission is that no religion gets in the way of a parents and child’s relationship. It aims to support LGBTQ+ community in tackling conflict and abuse within family units over sexuality, religion and culture.

Support for Reported Students


Respect is an organisation that has support for those who have recognised or are worried that they display concerning or abusive patterns of behaviour. They have self-help resources around how to recognise these behaviours as well as how to begin to change these communication patterns. They also provide a helpline. The service is separate to the support for male victims.

Was this page useful?*