Academic transcripts | University of Oxford
Master's graduands outside the Sheldonian Theatre on Degree Day, Oxford, UK. Graduands waiting to process into the Sheldonian after changing into graduate gowns mid-ceremony, Degree Ceremony 2013.
Copyright © Rob Judges Photography. This image comes from Oxford University Images - All rights reserved.

Academic transcripts

A transcript is an official summary of your academic performance and progress to date. It will only include final marks confirmed by the appropriate Examination Board. A transcript may be required by prospective employers or educational institutions to which you are applying.

Receiving your transcript

You will automatically receive one paper copy of your final transcript upon completing your degree. This will be sent to the 'home address' listed in Student Self Service. Electronic copies of transcripts (final and on-course) are not available.

We are unable to produce transcripts for the following students:

Students who commenced their studies prior to Michaelmas term 2007Contact your college or PPH.
Postgraduate Research students (eg DPhil)If you have completed your degree, you may order a degree confirmation letter. If you are yet to complete your research degree, contact your college, PPH or department for proof of study.
Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (BMBCh) studentsContact the Medical Sciences Office.
Software Engineering studentsContact the Department of Computer Science.

Certificate in Theological and Pastoral Studies (CTPS)

Diploma in Theological and Pastoral Studies (DTPS)
Contact your college or PPH.
Erasmus or visiting studentsContact your college, PPH or department.
Students who have completed a course with the Department for Continuing Education

Contact the Department for Continuing Education.

Exceptions: students for the Undergraduate Certificate in Theological Studies and MSt in International Human Rights Law should order transcripts through the online shop below. 

Students who have withdrawn from their course

Contact your college or PPH.

Ordering copies of final transcripts

You can order additional copies of your final transcript at a cost of £10 each through the University online shop, or by post by downloading the postal order form from the right hand side of this page (for payment by cheque only). If you are expecting examination results, please wait until you receive your results in Student Self Service before requesting extra copies of a final transcript. Requests placed before your results are released may not include your final results.

Applications for transcripts must be made by you. Requests for copies of the transcript by a third party will not be actioned.

Ordering on-course transcripts

If you haven't yet completed your course, you can request copies of your on-course transcript. This will show your academic achievement to date but will not include a final classification. An on-course transcript will reflect the information you see in Student Self Service and is only available once you are entered for an assessment. If your assessments have not yet appeared in Student Self Service and you are still studying at the University, the enrolment certificate available through Student Self Service will act as a certification of attendance.

On-course transcripts can be ordered at a cost of £10 each online at the University online shop or by post by downloading the postal order form from the right-hand side of this page (for payment by cheque only).

Collecting your transcripts

If you have chosen to collect your transcripts, we will notify you by email when they are available. If you would like someone to collect the transcripts on your behalf, please email Degree Conferrals with the name of the person. Photographic identification is required to ensure we release the documents to the correct person.

Diploma supplement

If you are applying for a course in a European university, most institutions will ask you to supply an academic transcript. However, some institutions may ask you to provide a diploma supplement. This document consists of the academic transcript, a statement quantifying your course in terms of European Credit Transfer Scheme (ECTS) credits, plus additional information describing the higher education system.

There are two credit systems: that used by UK universities; and the ECTS used by a number of other European countries. We take each year of full-time undergraduate study to equal 120 UK credits and 180 UK credits for postgraduate study according to the Higher Education Credit Framework for England. In relation to the ECTS, this is equivalent to 60 credits for undergraduate study and 60-90 credits for postgraduate study. The University’s courses are not taught on a modular basis so we do not apply credit weightings to the individual components of your course.

Before ordering the diploma supplement check that this is a requirement for your application and that we are able to produce them for your award. If we are unable to produce transcripts for your award, we will not be able to produce diploma supplements for that award.

If you require a diploma supplement, they can be ordered through the University online shop for free. The supplement is available only to students who commenced their studies from Michaelmas term 2007, and who have successfully completed their studies.

If you have completed a part-time course and have queries regarding Credit Accumulation and Transfer Scheme (CATS) credits, please contact the Registry Office for the Department for Continuing Education.

Was this page useful?*