The Apollo Bursary has been created through a generous donation from the Apollo University Lodge. The Apollo University Lodge, No. 357 is the Freemasons' Lodge for members of the University of Oxford and is part of the United Grand Lodge of England.
The Lodge was founded in 1818 and exists for past and present members of the University. In accordance with its charitable aims the Lodge has established a fund to assist undergraduates in need of financial assistance.
There are up to four awards valued at £1,000 and these are awarded for one year only.
Students must fulfil all the criteria below in order to be considered:
- students must be studying for their first undergraduate degree, which can be in any subject
- students must be entering their second year of study in 2019/20
- students must be ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom or another member state of the European Union
- students must be in receipt of the Oxford Bursary or Crankstart Scholarship in 2019/20 or have a household income below £42,875
- awards will be made to students who have demonstrated academic excellence in their first year of study. If your course does not require you to sit exams during your first year, you must provide other examples of how you have achieved academic excellence
- preference will be given to students who do not already hold a bursary or scholarship that is centrally administered by the University. This does not include the Oxford Bursary or Crankstart Scholarship.
Applications for 2019/20 are now closed.