Bring about real change in the community with Oxford Hub!
We are a charity working to build a more equal, resilient, and connected Oxford. We run volunteering programmes and collaborative projects that support people to participate and thrive in their community, and to bring about systemic change.
There’s something for everyone, so sign up to the Hub newsletter to hear about volunteering, events, careers and more.
Why volunteer in Oxford?
- Support local people to thrive
- Be part of system change at a wider level to build a more equal city
- Increase your sense of belonging to the city, your wellbeing, and your sense of agency (power to create change in the world)
- Develop transferable skills beyond your degree, such as teamwork and leadership
- Meet and collaborate with other like-minded students and members of the wider Oxford community.
Some current projects
- Schools Plus - Tackle educational inequality by tutoring a local young person, between 7-18 years old, in your preferred subject for one hour a week – or join the Schools Plus Committee to help run the programme behind the scenes.
- Ready Set Go - Volunteer as a college ambassador to help break down barriers to getting active in Oxford by helping to fundraise and provide bikes, cycling lessons, and swimming lessons to families in Blackbird Leys.
- FELLOW - Help members of the community to build confidence and proficiency speaking English, through informal 1-1 language-sharing meetups and conversation classes, or by helping to run the programme behind the scenes.
- Community Enterprise Awards - Get support to set up your own social action project to harness the power of volunteering and tackle inequality.
Visit Oxford Hub’s programmes page to find all our volunteering roles.
Volunteering for Crankstart & Lloyds Scholars
Oxford Hub provides a bespoke volunteering support service for Scholars. This includes support through exclusive events, placements, one-on-one support meetings, and high quality programmes that count towards your goal of 25 hours of volunteering a year.
Fundraising is fun
Join Oxford SU’s Raise and Give (RAG) and fundraise through some great events for four charities chosen by our students. From hitchhiking around Europe and beyond in Jailbreak, to walking the runway at the RAG Fashion Show, to dancing the night away at the RAG Ball, there’s something for everybody.