Make social and environmental change with Oxford Hub! We are a charity working to build a more equal, resilient and connected Oxford. We run volunteering programmes and collaborative projects that support people to thrive, participate in their community, and bring about systemic change. There’s something for everyone, so sign up to the Hub newsletter to hear about volunteering, events, careers and more.
Why volunteer in Oxford?
- Support local people to thrive
- Help people to participate in their communities
- Be part of system change at a wider level to make a more equal city
- Increase your sense of belonging to the city, your wellbeing and your sense of agency (power to create change in the world)
- Develop transferable skills beyond your degree, such as teamwork and leadership
- Meet and collaborate with other like-minded students.
Some current projects
- Schools Plus - Tackle education inequality by tutoring a local young person, from 7-18 years old, for one hour a week.
- OxUnboxed - Protect the environment by volunteering at/buying your food and household supplies from our plastic-free, non-proﬁt reﬁll shop on Little Clarendon Street.
- FELLOW - Tutor those in Oxford who would like to build up their English skills.
Volunteering for Crankstart & Lloyds Scholars
Oxford Hub provides a bespoke volunteering support service for Scholars. This includes support through exclusive events, placements, one-on-one support meetings and high quality programmes that count towards your volunteering requirement.
Fundraising is fun
Join Oxford SU’s Raise and Give (RAG) and fundraise through some great events for four charities chosen by our students. From hitchhiking around Europe and beyond in Jailbreak, to walking the runway at the RAG Fashion Show, to dancing the night away at the RAG Ball, there’s something for everybody.