Want to be part of social and environmental change across Oxford? Become a member of Oxford Hub! Oxford Hub brings people and organisations together to make Oxford a better place for everyone. To do this, they run a range of community volunteering programmes that build new, meaningful relationships in the community.
- have a positive social impact in your local community
- develop valuable new skills: communication, leadership and teamwork
- meet other like-minded students
- do something completely different
- get involved in the wider community of Oxford, enhancing your sense of belonging in this city
- try out a sector of work you might like a career in
Some current projects
- Branch Up - This programme gives young people access to opportunities and extra-curricular activities.
- OxUnboxed - Oxford Hub’s non-profit refill shop makes plastic-free shopping available in central Oxford.
- FELLOW - An opportunity to tutor those in Oxford who would like to build up their English skills.
- Schools Plus - The chance to tackle educational disadvantage in Oxford by virtually tutoring pupils one-on-one to ensure they reach their full potential.
- Together Neighbours - This programme contacts you if there is someone nearby who needs help with a small practical task, like walking their dog or grocery shopping.
Volunteering for Crankstart & Lloyds Scholars
We provide a bespoke volunteering support service for scholars. This includes support through friendly 1:1 meetings, exclusive events, socials, and high quality programmes that count towards your minimum volunteering requirement.
Fundraising is fun
Join Oxford SU’s Raise and Give (RAG) and fundraise through some great events for four charities chosen by our students. From hitchhiking around Europe and beyond in Jailbreak, to walking the runway at the RAG Fashion Show, to dancing the night away at the RAG Ball, there’s something for everybody.