St Anne’s is a down-to-earth, friendly and independent-minded college that takes people for what they are. It is modern in its outlook and architecture and open to the world, informal and yet academically demanding. We are proud to be an international and diverse community and we take student welfare extremely seriously. We stand, above all, for the following principles: opportunity, collaboration and being forward looking and far reaching.
St Anne’s is renowned for the quality of its food. Most meals are relaxed affairs but there are also formal guest nights. We have self-catering kitchenettes and a popular coffee shop. Our large library
is open 24 hours a day and houses over 110,000 books. We hold many events throughout the year including regular music nights, film screenings and guest lectures. We have an a cappella choir, an orchestra and a wide range of sports teams. The Junior Common Room organises everything from discussion groups to art classes.
Read more on the college website.
St Anne’s is...
…a wonderfully welcoming community of students and staff from all kinds of backgrounds, made all the better by our college tortoise, Tortellini!
…the excellent support network that there has been when things don’t go according to plan – both academically and nonacademically.
…not pretentious or intimidating – you get to enjoy all the architecture around Oxford but live in a place which is informal and welcoming – the best of both worlds.
...the diversity, the chat and the vibrant atmosphere, as well as the feeling that you’re part of a team.
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
- All first years on site: YES
- Usually offered for three years: YES
- Usually offered for first year and one other year: NO
- Usually offered for all years: NO
- Some vacation storage for international students: YES
- Dining hall: YES
- Bar: YES
- Café: YES
- Gym on site: YES
- Boathouse: YES
- Library open 24/7: YES
- Computer rooms/stations: YES
- Wi-Fi throughout college: YES
- Music room: YES
- Theatre/performance space: YES
- Chapel: NO
- Multi-faith prayer room: NO
Clubs and societies
- Music society: YES
- Orchestra/s: YES
- Choir/s: YES
- Dramatic society: YES
- College student magazine/paper: NO
- Some subject societies: YES
- Other societies: YES
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics and English
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Classics and Oriental Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Philosophy
- Earth Sciences
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- Fine Art
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Economics
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Materials Science
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Oriental Studies
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics
In order to make it easier for you to establish a first point of contact with our University, every Oxford college is ‘linked’ to a particular region of the UK. The ‘link’ college will know their region particularly well and already have contact with schools and students in the area.
Getting in touch with the college linked to your region has no influence on your chances of being accepted to this or any other particular college. You are also very welcome to get in touch with any other college for advice about applying or studying here.
Link Local Authorities
St Anne's College
56 Woodstock Road, Oxford OX2 6HS