St Anne’s is a down-to-earth, friendly and independent-minded college. It is modern in its outlook and architecture and open to the world, informal and yet academically demanding. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive community and we take student welfare extremely seriously. We stand, above all, for the following principles: opportunity, collaboration and being forward looking and far reaching.
St Anne’s is renowned for the quality of its food. Most meals are relaxed affairs but there are also formal guest nights. All undergraduate accommodation includes communal kitchens for self-catering and we have a popular on-site coffee shop. Our large library is normally open 24 hours a day and houses over 110,000 books. We hold many events throughout the year including regular music nights, film screenings and guest lectures. We have an a cappella choir, an orchestra and a wide range of sports teams. The Junior Common Room organises everything from discussion groups to art classes.
Read more on the college website.
St Anne’s is...
…a wonderfully welcoming community of students and staff from all kinds of backgrounds.
…about having the excellent support network when things don’t go according to plan – both academically and non-academically.
…not pretentious or intimidating – you get to enjoy all the architecture around Oxford but live in a place which is informal and welcoming – the best of both worlds.
...about the diversity, the chat and the vibrant atmosphere, as well as the feeling that you’re part of a team.
…about collaboration rather than competition, which is really encouraging.
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
|All first years on site|
|Usually offered for three years|
|Usually offered for all years|
|Usually offered for first year and one other year|
|Some vacation storage for international students|
|Gym on site|
|Library open 24/7|
|Wi-Fi throughout college|
|Multi-faith prayer room|
|Clubs & societies activities|
|College student magazine/paper|
|Some subject societies|
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics and English
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Classics and Oriental Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Philosophy
- Earth Sciences
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- Fine Art
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Economics
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Materials Science
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Medicine (Graduate Entry)
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Oriental Studies
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics
Link Local Authorities
Newcastle upon Tyne
Redcar and Cleveland
Stockton on Tees
For schools in the North East: email@example.com
St Anne's College
56 Woodstock Road, Oxford OX2 6HS