The student body at Queen’s is diverse, dynamic and inclusive, with the college hardship fund providing generous support in cases of financial need. Each year we welcome undergraduates drawn from every part of the UK and across the wider world. Both students and tutors are passionate about their chosen fields and the college also has a strong tradition in music, sport and drama. The popular JCR (Junior Common Room) tea is held daily in the common room and is evidence of the strength of the undergraduate community, where friendships commonly form across both year and subject groups.
As a place to live, study and socialise, Queen’s is a fabulous mix of old and new. The 17th-century Upper Library is one of the finest reading rooms in Oxford while the New Library is a fantastic contemporary space for study. Musical performances, film screenings and visiting speakers are hosted in the state-of-the-art auditorium, only a short walk from the striking classical architecture of the Front Quad.
Read more on the college website.
…friendly, inspiring, beautiful.
…having a financial support system that means everyone is on a level playing field.
…never being bored! There is always something to get involved in, something new to try.
…close to both the centre and Cowley Road, giving students two different but equally fascinating perspectives of Oxford.
…the unique bond between the students.
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
- All first years on site: NO
- Usually offered for three years: YES
- Usually offered for first year and one other year: NO
- Usually offered for all years: NO
- Some vacation storage for international students: YES
- Dining hall: YES
- Bar: YES
- Café: NO
- Gym on site: YES
- Boathouse: YES
- Library open 24/7: YES
- Computer rooms/stations: YES
- Wi-Fi throughout college: YES
- Music room: YES
- Theatre/performance space: YES
- Chapel: YES
- Multi-faith prayer room: NO
Clubs and societies
- Music society: YES
- Orchestra/s: YES
- Choir/s: YES
- Dramatic society: YES
- College student magazine/paper: NO
- Some subject societies: YES
- Other societies: YES
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Classics and English
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Classics and Oriental Studies
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- Fine Art
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and English
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Materials Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Oriental Studies
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Physics and Philosophy
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics