Pembroke is a lively, inclusive and supportive academic community, with a commitment to excellence. Our strong interdisciplinary ethos and collaborative environment encourages undergraduates, graduates and academic staff to work together and enables Pembroke students to enhance their studies with a broader outlook on the world. We support each other as individuals and members of a close-knit community and also offer extensive welfare provision.
Pembroke is able to offer undergraduate students accommodation for at least three years of their degree. We also have a 24-hour library, and our Junior Common Room (JCR) is proud to own an art collection and gallery!
Our commitment to academic excellence is underwritten by generous book grants for humanities and social science students, fully funded summer internships for science students, and travel grants. A very generous scholarship scheme includes an accommodation discount and hardship funds to support those in need.
Read more on the college website.
…truly special. It is not simply an incredible academic institution where you are given the tools and freedom to grow intellectually and delve into areas of study both exciting and new, but is also an environment which in being so caring and warm, aids and allows you to develop your passions and ‘self’ beyond the curriculum, at every turn.
…a central location and mix between old and new buildings. Since being here I have been truly shocked at how supportive and welcoming the entire college community is.
…supportive staff and students. Come with an open mind – I’m involved in projects and societies that I would never have envisaged being part of prior to Oxford.
...taking a few minutes out of your day to enjoy the serenity of our JCR art gallery.
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
- All first years on site: YES
- Usually offered for three years: YES
- Usually offered for first year and one other year: NO
- Usually offered for all years: NO
- Some vacation storage for international students: YES
- Dining hall: YES
- Bar: YES
- Café: YES
- Gym on site: NO
- Boathouse: YES
- Library open 24/7: YES
- Computer rooms/stations: YES
- Wi-Fi throughout college: YES
- Music room: YES
- Theatre/performance space: YES
- Chapel: YES
- Multi-faith prayer room: NO
Clubs and societies
- Music society: YES
- Orchestra/s: NO
- Choir/s: YES
- Dramatic society: YES
- College student magazine/paper: YES
- Some subject societies: YES
- Other societies: YES
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- History and Economics
- History and English
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Oriental Studies
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Philosophy and Theology
- Physics and Philosophy
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics
- Religion and Oriental Studies
- Theology and Religion