Located in central Oxford, New College is a supportive community and provides an environment which allows students from all backgrounds to flourish both socially and academically.
New College is one of the largest and most architecturally striking colleges, with beautiful gardens and a variety of excellent facilities.
You may recognise parts of New College - we have regularly featured in films and TV shows, including Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Mamma Mia 2: Here We Go Again and His Dark Materials.
The college has an exceptionally rich cultural, sporting and musical life. Our award-winning music practice building (the Clore Music Studios), our fantastic sports ground, and our brand new Gradel Quadrangles are all just a few minutes from the main College site.
We realise that the prospect of university can seem a bit overwhelming and we really want all of our students to flourish. Our extensive student support team provides comprehensive academic and personal support; our aim is to make New College feel like a home away from home.
Read more on the college website.
New College is…
'…the perfect balance of tradition and modernity.'
'…more than its architecturally striking buildings. It has an unmatched sense of community and college spirit.'
'…a place where you can achieve more than you thought possible, and have fun while doing it.'
'…sociable. There's always an event to attend, and you can't walk through Holywell Quad without bumping into someone you know and having a chat.'
Visit our College Facilities Table to compare facilities across different colleges.
|All first years on site||Yes|
|Usually offered for all years||Yes|
|Usually offered for first year and one other year||Not applicable|
|Usually offered for three years||Not applicable|
|Some vacation storage for international students||Yes|
|Gym on site||No|
|Library open 24/7||No|
|Wi-Fi throughout college||Yes|
|Multi-faith prayer room*||No|
*The college has a Muslim Prayer Room.
Clubs and societies
Club / society
|College student magazine/paper||Yes|
|Some subject societies||Yes|
- Asian and Middle Eastern Studies (Arabic only)
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Classics and Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Philosophy
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- Fine Art
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Economics
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics
Local Link Authorities
Rhondda, Cynon, Taff
Vale of Glamorgan