Lady Margaret Hall (LMH) began with nine women and is now a vibrant academic community transforming the lives of hundreds of students. We are diverse, open, intellectually curious and pioneering. We continue to break boundaries as the first Oxford college to establish a Foundation Year for under-represented students. Our students work with internationally distinguished scholars who are dedicated to tutorial teaching and welfare support.
LMH has an exceptionally beautiful site with gardens which run down to the river. Grants and scholarships are available to enable students to achieve their academic potential. We are committed to supporting disabled students and helping them achieve their potential. Undergraduates are guaranteed a room on the college site for three years of their course. Our beautiful well-stocked library is a great place to study; you can access and borrow books 24/7. We also have a theatre, music practice rooms, a gym, tennis courts, playing fields and punts.
Read more on across the college website.
…being given the opportunity to fulfil my academic potential in a friendly and supportive environment.
…a very open-minded and vibrant college.
…my first home away from home; where I grew up, studied what I loved and made friends for life. Looking back I can’t think of a better place to have spent my undergraduate years!
...stunning gardens, especially in the summer – a haven from the hustle and bustle of touristy Oxford.
…the friendly, supportive atmosphere that the tutors and students create. The gardens are beautiful to spend time in throughout the year, and having such a big library on site is incredible.
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
- All first years on site: YES
- Usually offered for three years: YES
- Usually offered for first year and one other year: NO
- Usually offered for all years: NO
- Some vacation storage for international students: YES
- Dining hall: YES
- Bar: YES
- Café: NO
- Gym on site: YES
- Boathouse: YES
- Library open 24/7: YES
- Computer rooms/stations: YES
- Wi-Fi throughout college: YES
- Music room: YES
- Theatre/performance space: YES
- Chapel: YES
- Multi-faith prayer room: YES
Clubs and societies
- Music society: YES
- Orchestra/s: YES
- Choir/s: YES
- Dramatic society: NO
- College student magazine/paper: NO
- Some subject societies: YES
- Other societies: YES
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics and English
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Philosophy
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- Fine Art
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Philosophy and Theology
- Physics and Philosophy
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics
- Religion and Oriental Studies
- Theology and Religion