Exeter is the fourth-oldest college in Oxford, with a small, friendly and inclusive community of students and staff. Accommodation is provided for three years of an undergraduate’s course and probably for a fourth year. All first years live on the main college Turl Street site. Other college accommodation is in vibrant east Oxford (with self-catering facilities) and the modern Cohen Quadrangle in fashionable Jericho. Three meals a day can be eaten in hall during term.
Students have exclusive access to our college careers office and internship programme. Facilities include an extensive library (open 24/7 during term), on-site gym, stunning dining hall, cosy bar, chapel, music practice rooms, performance space, music room, learning space and sports ground. We have a beautiful garden, with views over Radcliffe Square. Exeter is home to a wide range of student groups, clubs and societies, including our excellent student-led choir, music, theatre and sports teams.
Read more on the college website.
…small enough that you’ll never feel lost, but big enough that everyone finds their place. It’s a very inclusive and diverse environment, making it easy to settle in.
…impressive catering facilities, particularly at lunch time where there’s so much choice on offer.
…having communal spaces which are really well used.
…having fun with college sports teams – they’re all really close and friendly communities, as I’ve found with the rugby team.
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
- All first years on site: YES
- Usually offered for three years: YES
- Usually offered for first year and one other year: NO
- Usually offered for all years: NO
- Some vacation storage for international students: YES
- Dining hall: YES
- Bar: YES
- Café: YES
- Gym on site: YES
- Boathouse: YES
- Library open 24/7: YES
- Computer rooms/stations: YES
- Wi-Fi throughout college: YES
- Music room: YES
- Theatre/performance space: YES
- Chapel: YES
- Multi-faith prayer room: NO
Clubs and societies
- Music society: YES
- Orchestra/s: NO
- Choir/s: YES
- Dramatic society: YES
- College student magazine/paper: YES
- Some subject societies: YES
- Other societies: YES
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics and English
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Classics and Oriental Studies
- Earth Sciences (Geology)
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and English
- History and Modern Languages
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)