The International Engagement Office assists Oxford’s academic and administrative departments in the design and implementation of international activity that meets aims set out in the University’s Strategic Plan.
What we do
The Office provides support for international activities including:
- drafting memoranda of understanding with international partners;
- providing briefings from a database of international links;
- organising the visits of high-level international delegations;
- publishing presentations and brochures that explain Oxford’s structure and its activity in different parts of the world;
- managing internal and external international networks.
As well as these specific activities, International Engagement Office staff provide bespoke advice and support on the development of international initiatives and University policy.
All of the International Engagement Office’s work fits into five broad areas of operation.
- Strategy and consultation – the design of initiatives and policy to secure Oxford’s international goals.
- Data collection and publication – collecting, creating, storing, analysing and publishing data on aspects of international activity.
- Monitoring and analysis – identifying, analysing and summarising international opportunities and risks for the University.
- Coordination – organising country and regional networks, and supporting the drafting of memoranda and other collaborative agreements.
- Liaison and diplomacy – arranging visits to Oxford, advising on foreign travel by senior staff, and managing Oxford’s participation in selected international university alliances.
Almost all of the International Engagement Office’s activities are carried out in collaboration with other University departments. The Office aims to combine its expertise in higher education internationalisation and its analytic ability with other departments' specialist expertise, developing international activity to suit Oxford’s needs.
Contact the International Engagement Office at firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 01865 280417, or contact a member of our team directly, below.
Nina Tomlin, Director, International Engagement Office
Nina’s geographical areas of responsibility are:
- South Asia
Ed Nash, Senior Officer, International Engagement Office
Ed’s geographical areas of responsibility are:
- East Asia (including China)
- Middle East
Craig Morley, Senior Officer, International Engagement Office
Craig's geographical areas of responsibility are:
- Central Asia
- Latin America
- North America
- Southeast Asia
Amir Nettler, Research and Information Officer
Amir’s areas of responsibility include:
- Database of international links
Victoria Taylor, Office Administrator
Vicky’s areas of responsibility include:
- Delegation visits
Overseas institutions wishing to discuss research collaborations or exchanges in specific subject areas should contact the relevant department.
International students planning to apply to the University should contact the Admissions department.
International alumni seeking information, for example about their local alumni group, should refer to the alumni website.