Our International Guidance Counsellors’ Conference (IGCC) is a two-day conference for guidance counsellors, careers advisers and teachers employed by a high school from outside of the UK. During the conference, delegates receive detailed support, guidance and information about the Oxford application process.
Dates for the 2019 conference will be announced in autumn this year.
If you’d like to be notified when applications for the 2019 conference are open please sign up to our International Teachers and Guidance Counsellors' Mailing List.
What is the IGCC?
The Oxford University International Guidance Counsellors' Conference is a rare opportunity to visit a prestigious university renowned for academic excellence, and stay in the one of the most recognisable cities in Europe. Held in February each year, the IGCC offers counsellors and teachers the chance to understand more about life at the University of Oxford, as well as gaining an in-depth insight into the admissions process. The conference aims to equip counsellors with accurate and up to date advice in how to support their students to make competitive applications to the University of Oxford.
Who can attend the IGCC?
There are 50 places available at the conference for guidance counsellors, careers advisers and teachers employed by a high school (public or private) located outside of the UK. Unfortunately we can only offer one place per school.
We typically receive more applications than we have places available, therefore decisions will be based on the potential of students studying at the school to make a competitive application to Oxford, as well as the opportunity for the school or its students to engage with the University.
Please note that applications from independent counsellors or agents will not be considered.
What can you expect from the IGCC?
The programme will comprise a variety of sessions, including in-depth information on the Oxford admissions process, and opportunities to learn more about student life at Oxford. During the two-day conference, delegates will have the opportunity to:
- Meet with admissions staff from across the collegiate University
- Gain insight into our academic offering and tutorial system
- Obtain information on our admissions procedures
- Observe a mock interview
- Speak with current international students
- Dine in an Oxford college
- Visit world-class museums and teaching facilities
- Visit the famous sights of Oxford
- Network with colleagues in your profession
What is the cost?
The cost of a place at the conference will be confirmed in autumn (in 2018 the cost was £100 GBP/US Dollars $135/Euros €115 per delegate) and will include lunch on both days, a drinks reception and formal dinner at the centre of the conference. If you feel that this cost may prevent you from applying please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unfortunately we are not able to provide accommodation or flights to and from the UK.
If you are successful in gaining a place on the conference you will be required to make the payment online to secure your place.
We will provide:
- A full two-day programme of activity comprising information about the distinctive aspects of student life at Oxford and full guidance on the Oxford application process (as an example last year's timetable is available to view online on this page)
- Lunch on both days
- Drinks reception and formal dinner in an Oxford college on Friday
We are not able to provide:
- Flights to and from the UK
- Airport transfers
If you have any queries, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.