Students from all sorts of backgrounds find Univ’s inclusive and friendly atmosphere enables them to pursue their academic interests to the highest level. The pioneering Univ Opportunity Programme, recently launched, has increased the number of places available, in particular for able students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Our commitment to provide the best possible support to our students begins immediately on arrival with our free presessional Maths Week for students of the relevant sciences. Two 24-hour libraries provide constant access to numerous workstations and resources. Alongside our reputation for academic excellence we have strong welfare and student support systems and offer a generous bursary scheme.
Many students take advantage of a wealth of extra-curricular opportunities including music, drama and sport. Our enthusiastic student ambassadors engage with prospective applicants to inform and encourage them.
Though having a claim to be Oxford’s oldest college, we are thoroughly forward thinking in aspiration and modern in outlook.
Read more on the college website.
…a home away from home where I’ve always felt welcome.
…a place full of people who are unapologetically friendly.
…a casual chat to the porters on your way to a lecture.
…being challenged academically in a supportive environment.
…a sigh of relief when you’ve come back from a busy morning straight into the waiting arms of a ‘Welfare Tea’.
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
- All first years on site: YES
- Usually offered for three years: YES
- Usually offered for first year and one other year: NO
- Usually offered for all years: NO
- Some vacation storage for international students: YES
- Dining hall: YES
- Bar: YES
- Café: NO
- Gym on site: YES
- Boathouse: YES
- Library open 24/7: YES
- Computer rooms/stations: YES
- Wi-Fi throughout college: YES
- Music room: YES
- Theatre/performance space: NO
- Chapel: YES
- Multi-faith prayer room: NO
Clubs and societies
- Music society: YES
- Orchestra/s: NO
- Choir/s: YES
- Dramatic society: YES
- College student magazine/paper: NO
- Some subject societies: YES
- Other societies: YES
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics and English
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Classics and Oriental Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Philosophy
- Earth Sciences (Geology)
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Oriental Studies
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Physics and Philosophy
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics