St John’s is proud of its reputation for academic excellence within a vibrant, supportive and socially diverse community. We offer one of the widest ranges of subject choice for undergraduates, taught by tutors and lecturers who are experts in their fields. Our excellent academic facilities include a new, fully accessible study centre.
Undergraduates benefit from reasonably priced meals and accommodation. With on-site rooms guaranteed for the duration of a degree, we are able to build a strong sense of community. We also offer additional grants and prizes to help with academic-related expenses, such as books and computing equipment, travel and vacation study, projects and dissertations.
A diverse range of programmes and facilities for art, music, sport and drama offer all our students the chance to pursue their wider interests, from beginner to expert level.
Read more on the college website.
St John’s is...
...incredibly generous welfare and financial provisions.
...making the most of the outstanding facilities available in the college.
...so much support from different people whether it be from the Student Welfare Officers or the college Chaplain.
...so many smart, friendly, interesting and accepting people.
...very professional and experienced tutors. I find their comments extremely helpful.
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
- All first years on site: YES
- Usually offered for three years: YES
- Usually offered for first year and one other year: NO
- Usually offered for all years: NO
- Some vacation storage for international students: YES
- Dining hall: YES
- Bar: YES
- Café: YES
- Gym on site: YES
- Boathouse: YES
- Library open 24/7: NO
- Computer rooms/stations: YES
- Wi-Fi throughout college: YES
- Music room: YES
- Theatre/performance space: YES
- Chapel: YES
- Multi-faith prayer room: NO
Clubs and societies
- Music society: YES
- Orchestra/s: YES
- Choir/s: YES
- Dramatic society: YES
- College student magazine/paper: NO
- Some subject societies: YES
- Other societies: YES
- Archaeology and Anthropology
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Classics and Oriental Studies
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Philosophy
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- Fine Art
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Economics
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- History of Art
- Human Sciences
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Oriental Studies
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Philosophy and Theology
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics
- Religion and Oriental Studies
- Theology and Religion