Lincoln, one of the smaller undergraduate colleges, combines intimacy with a strong academic tradition. There is a genuine atmosphere of good humour, hard work and mutual support, shared by both students and tutors.
Undergraduates at Lincoln are guaranteed accommodation for the three or four years of their course. All accommodation is central, and a significant proportion of rooms, including all first-year rooms, have ensuite facilities. The college can offer a number of generous bursaries for students from low-income backgrounds, in addition to other grants, prizes and scholarships. Our food is widely regarded as excellent, and the 15th-century hall provides a popular focus for college life. The college has one of the most beautiful libraries in Oxford.
Students have the opportunity to join or form a very large range of student societies. Lincoln has a sports field and boathouse, and currently provides free membership of the University gym and swimming pool.
Read more on the college website.
…the most welcoming and enjoyable community I’ve been a part of, and tutorials are something to look forward to!
…the staff, who are a huge part of what makes Lincoln such a great college. From the kitchen staff who quickly remember you to the porters who welcome you whenever you pass the lodge.
…a very large library for such a small college. There is always somewhere to work and the only problem is sometimes it’s so pretty it’s distracting!
…brilliant accommodation, being at most ten minutes from the college and all being reasonably priced – you feel like a real community.
…a really wide range of sports teams and other societies; the ‘have a go atmosphere’ makes for a lot of fun!
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
- All first years on site: YES
- Usually offered for three years: YES
- Usually offered for first year and one other year: NO
- Usually offered for all years: NO
- Some vacation storage for international students: YES
- Dining hall: YES
- Bar: YES
- Café: YES
- Gym on site: NO
- Boathouse: YES
- Library open 24/7: NO
- Computer rooms/stations: YES
- Wi-Fi throughout college: YES
- Music room: YES
- Theatre/performance space: YES
- Chapel: YES
- Multi-faith prayer room: NO
Clubs and societies
- Music society: YES
- Orchestra/s: YES
- Choir/s: YES
- Dramatic society: YES
- College student magazine/paper: YES
- Some subject societies: YES
- Other societies: YES
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- History of Art
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)