Situated in Radcliffe Square, Brasenose is a friendly college at the heart of the University and city. We are able to accommodate undergraduates in single rooms for all years of study at our main site or nearby Frewin complex. Brasenose provides delicious and affordable food in both our 16th-century dining hall and café. There are also shared kitchens at Frewin. Our lively bar is a fantastic place to relax. We hold an annual summer weeklong arts festival plus many more music, arts, sports and society events throughout the year. Our students run many special events including Chinese New Year and Burns Night celebrations, charity auctions, diversity workshops, fancy-dress parties and more.
Brasenose’s libraries are open 24 hours a day. We have our own sports ground and boathouse, and a large common room with entertainment of many kinds. Brasenose is an inclusive and diverse community where all members of the college family support each other.
Read more on the college website.
…the friendly atmosphere amongst people from a vast array of backgrounds.
…the amazing location - you really are at the heart of this historic city.
…being amongst people who are always so ready to be involved. From fancy dress parties to the Christmas pantomime.
…having amazing food that’s also just so cheap.
…being offered accommodation for all your years of study, and it’s all either on the main site or a five-minute walk away. I love that we’re always central!
To compare facilities across different colleges, please visit our College Facilities Table.
- All first years on site: YES
- Usually offered for three years: YES
- Usually offered for first year and one other year: NO
- Usually offered for all years: NO
- Some vacation storage for international students: YES
- Dining hall: YES
- Café: YES
- Gym on site: NO
- Boathouse: YES
- Library open 24/7: YES
- Computer rooms/stations: YES
- Wi-Fi throughout college: YES
- Music room: YES
- Theatre/performance space: YES
- Chapel: YES
- Multi-faith prayer room: NO
Clubs and societies
- Music society: YES
- Orchestra/s: NO
- Choir/s: YES
- Dramatic society: YES
- College student magazine/paper: YES
- Some subject societies: YES
- Other societies: YES
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics and English
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Classics and Oriental Studies
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages
- Fine Art
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Economics
- History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- Law (Jurisprudence)
- Law with Law Studies in Europe
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE)
- Physics and Philosophy
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy and Linguistics