There are lots of resources across the University to help you use your research to interact with organisations or individuals outside academia.
Access, Outreach and Widening Participation
- Visit the Oxford Biomedical Research Centre pages on patient and public involvement
There are many teams who can support your interactions with external organisations
Knowledge Exchange (mutually beneficial sharing of ideas, data, experience, and expertise between researchers and organisations outside academia)
Business Development with commercial partners (commercial Research & Development, strategic relationships)
- MPLS Division Industrial Research Partnerships (including Begbroke Science Park)
- Medical Sciences Division Business Partnerships Office
- Humanities and Social Sciences Business Engagement and Partnerships
Additional University-wide Knowledge Exchange and Impact resources and support
IP, Licensing and Technology Transfer
- Read about Research Services' support and advice on what to do if you create intellectual property
- Find out how Oxford University Innovation can help with intellectual property, patents and licensing
- Check the University Statutes on intellectual property
- Find out about the support available from Oxford University Innovation for licensing and commercialisation
- Read the Research Services' guidance on consulting activity
- Support from the Oxfordshire Social Enterprise Partnership (OSEP)
Since 2012, the University of Oxford has run a Social Enterprise awards scheme, in collaboration with Oxford Hub, as part of a programme funded by the Higher Education Innovation Funding. The scheme has supported about 50 projects in which students and staff aim to engage with the local community to solve social issues.
In this short video some of the students from the University of Oxford talk about their social Enterprises and how they have used their Social Enterprise award funding to create sustainable social enterprises.