Using your research to engage with...
There are lots of resources across the University to help you use your research to interact with organisations or individuals outside academia.
- Advice from the Public Affairs Directorate on working with the media
- Writing for The Conversation
- Social Sciences Division
Access, Outreach and Widening Participation
- Check details of open days and other access events
- Widening access and participation
- Visit the Oxford Biomedical Research Centre pages on patient and public involvement
- Government and community relations contacts and Oxford in Westminster
- Oxford Policy Engagement
There are many teams who can support your interactions with external organisations
Knowledge Exchange (mutually beneficial sharing of ideas, data, experience, and expertise between researchers and organisations outside academia)
- Humanities Division and TORCH Knowledge Exchange
- Social Sciences Division Knowledge Exchange
Business Development with commercial partners (commercial Research & Development, strategic relationships)
- MPLS Division Industrial Research Partnerships (including Begbroke Science Park)
- Medical Sciences Division Business Partnerships Office
- Humanities and Social Sciences Business Engagement and Partnerships
Additional University-wide Knowledge Exchange and Impact resources and support
...intellectual property and commercialisation
IP, Licensing and Technology Transfer
- Read about Research Services' support and advice on what to do if you create intellectual property
- Find out how Oxford University Innovation can help with intellectual property, patents and licensing
- Check the University Statutes on intellectual property
- Find out about the support available from Oxford University Innovation for licensing and commercialisation
- Read the Research Services' guidance on consulting activity
...starting a company
- Support from Oxford University Innovation for starting a company
- Find out what support and resources are available from across region
- Support from the Oxfordshire Social Enterprise Partnership (OSEP)
Since 2012, the University of Oxford has run a Social Enterprise awards scheme, in collaboration with Oxford Hub, as part of a programme funded by the Higher Education Innovation Funding. The scheme has supported about 50 projects in which students and staff aim to engage with the local community to solve social issues.
In this short video some of the students from the University of Oxford talk about their social Enterprises and how they have used their Social Enterprise award funding to create sustainable social enterprises.