Please note applications for the summer school have now closed.
This residential summer school is aimed at year 12 students studying at UK state schools, who are considering applying to study the classical world (and related disciplines) at university.
During the summer school, attendees will have the opportunity to:
• take part in a seminar series focusing on ‘Gender and Sexuality in the Ancient World’ delivered by tutors from the Faculty of Classics
• attend language classes
• meet current undergraduates studying Classics.
• receive guidance and advice from undergraduate mentors to write a short essay on a Classical subject
• receive information and guidance on making a competitive application to Oxford
• take part in a 20-30 minute Oxford-style tutorial.
No prior knowledge is expected or required. Meals and accommodation will be provided free of charge at the college throughout the duration of the summer school. Assistance with travel costs is also provided.
Note: the 2021 Summer Schools will run in Oxford and follow government COVID-19 guidance. Sessions will be delivered face-to-face where possible. Some content may be delivered remotely.
The application deadline is 5pm on Monday 31 May.