The format of each day may vary but a typical programme would have the following elements:
- A welcome to the department and a brief introduction to Materials Science as a subject.
- A talk from a senior lecturer about their work, often relating to cutting-edge research.
- A tour of the department giving an idea of our facilities and showing the scope and variety of the research being carried out.
- A brief tour of one of the colleges.
- A workshop looking at a variety of aspects of materials science that relate to the Science Curriculum.
- Advice on how to apply to study Materials Science.