Inspire 12 & 13 is a two-year programme delivered primarily online which encourages pupils to stretch themselves academically, and supports them to make competitive applications to top universities like Oxford. The programme offers pupils the opportunity to:
- Explore academic their interests through taster lectures with top academics
- Strengthen their university application
- Receive advice and super-curricular opportunities
- Build confidence in their academic abilities
- Develop their skills to make a successful transition to university life
At the core of the programme are online Twilight Sessions which include a choice of pre-recorded academic taster lectures (this year our theme is ‘Order in Our World’) and interactive skills sessions on topics such as personal statements and managing your money at university.
Pupils are provided with a choice of academic sessions in a range of subjects each month, allowing them to craft a bespoke programme of academic extension materials focused around their interests.
All pupils on Inspire 12 & 13 are also invited to attend a virtual summer school, which offers academic lectures, skills sessions and careers advice.
Parents, carers and teachers of Inspire 12 & 13 pupils will be invited to attend online webinars designed to support their pupils. Topics will include ‘The University of Oxford’, ‘The Oxford Application Process’ and ‘Interviews’.