The Hill Foundation is a charity which aims to create a community of Oxford scholars and alumni who will work to improve Russian life and culture.
The Hill Foundation Scholarships fund Russian students to study for any graduate and second BA courses at Oxford. For information about the scholarships for graduate degrees, please refer to the Hill Foundation webpage for graduate applicants.
Am I eligible?
You must be applying to start a ‘second first degree’ at Oxford.
You must be a national of and ordinarily resident in the Russian Federation. You must also have a first degree from a Russian university, and you must not subsequently have been enrolled in any other degree programme outside of Russia.
The trustees favour candidates who demonstrate extremely high academic ability and personal and social qualities of a high order. They seek applicants who intend to develop their careers in their homeland and who wish to spend their lives in ways that are beneficial to their home society, whether in business, academic life, public service, the arts or the professions. The trustees will use the information that you provide in your application form to assess how you meet these criteria.
If you are offered this scholarship, you will be required to confirm that you will return to Russia for at least one year, following completion of your studies in the UK.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
Please ensure that you meet the selection criteria for your course (see the Course Listing for more information).
What does it cover?
The scholarship will cover 100% of course fees and a grant for living costs. Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
How do I apply?
- You must make an application to the University of Oxford for an undergraduate course through UCAS by 15 October 2021 and be successful in gaining a place.
- Details on how to apply for a scholarship for 2022 entry will be made available on this page in January 2022.
- For 2022 entry applicants who apply by the 9 February 2022 scholarship deadline, the selection process will be undertaken in April 2022.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application in April 2022.
- Scholars will be expected to write an annual report about their academic and social activities, and achievements at the University.
- Receipt of the award in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Applicants should be aware that competition for the scheme is very high and the University does not have additional funding for those candidates who are not offered a scholarship.
- If you hold an offer for deferred entry for an undergraduate course at Oxford, and you’d like to apply for a scholarship, please apply for the scholarship in January of the year you will start your Oxford course (eg in January 2022 if you hold an offer to start in October 2022). We can only consider applications for undergraduate scholarships once.