There are lots of resources across the University to help you use your research to interact with organisations or individuals outside academia.
- Advice from the Public Affairs Directorate on working with the media
- Writing for The Conversation
Access, Outreach and Widening Participation
- Visit the Oxford Biomedical Research Centre pages on patient and public involvement
- Government and community relations contacts and Oxford in Westminster
There are many teams who can support your interactions with external organisations
Knowledge Exchange (mutually beneficial sharing of ideas, data, experience, and expertise between researchers and organisations outside academia)
Business Development with commercial partners (commercial Research & Development, strategic relationships)
- MPLS Division Business Development (including Begbroke Science Park)
- Medical Sciences Division Business Development
Additional University-wide Knowledge Exchange and Impact resources and support
IP, Licensing and Technology Transfer
- Read about Research Services' support and advice on what to do if you create intellectual property
- Find out how Oxford University Innovation can help with intellectual property, patents and licensing
- Check the University Statutes on intellectual property
- Find out about the support available from Oxford University Innovation for licensing and commercialisation
- Read the Research Services' guidance on consulting activity
- Find out what support and advice is available from across the university for starting a company
- Support from the Oxfordshire Social Enterprise Partnership (OSEP)
- Contact the Social Enterprise Network Navigators
Since 2012, the University of Oxford has run a Social Enterprise awards scheme, in collaboration with Student Hubs, as part of a programme funded by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) and managed by UnLtd, the UK foundation for social entrepreneurs. The scheme has produced some very innovative projects in which students and staff aim to engage with the local community to solve social issues.
There are about 50 projects in and around Oxford led by students staff and graduates from the University of Oxford and from Oxford Brookes, who together with Students Hubs are our partners in a new initiative, the Oxford Social Enterprise Partnership (OSEP). In this short video some of the students from the University of Oxford talk about their social Enterprises and how they have used their Social Enterprise award funding to create sustainable social enterprises.