Your personal and professional development is important to the University.
- You are eligible to at least 10 working days a year pro-rata to spend on it.
- You should plan your development to optimise your abilities and enable you to enjoy a fulfilling career whether inside or outside academia.
- A continuous approach to reviewing your learning and setting new goals is the best way to learn.
- There is a wide range of training on offer for you (see links on the right).
- However it is more important to engage with your development by investing in your Professional Development Review/Career Development Review and following it up.
The key to success is setting your own agenda and learning on the job on a daily basis.